Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vinyl Wrapping A Mk2 Spoiler And Other Bits

ben1191

Got my roll of Vinyl wrap today (4d carbon fibre),First attempt on the spoiler was terrible,second attempt was better but not perfect,Is it actually possible to do the spoiler in 1 piece?Ive never seen one done for a mk2 focus before,What sort of technique do you apply as everytime i got to doing the bottom it seemed to fold into itself and there was no way of stretching any creases out as it had already been stretched on the top side to get around the stupid curve.

1175606_10200361234820307_1296179248_n.j

I then done the trim around the gear leaver which was easy.

995968_10200361236660353_877029838_n.jpg

I couldnt manage to unclip the frame around the radio,i could get the bottom 2 clips undone,but it felt as though if i applied any more pressure at the sides it would just snap the plastic (6000cd),do i have to remove the radio to get the trim off?

• Like 1

Yes mate, the radio needs to come out first, then there are some fittings behind it to remove, then it will all come off.

• Like 1

Read my guide for upgrading the MK2 radio, it has a detailed section for removing the radio and trim.

The guide is in my links below this message.

BTW, spoiler and gear surround look very good to me.

The radio trim can be a bit of a swine especially around the aircon control holes.

• Like 2

same here spoiler looks neat

• Like 2

BTW, spoiler and gear surround look very good to me.

The radio trim can be a bit of a swine especially around the aircon control holes.

Ive done many interior trims,including my keyboard and you can imagine how many wholes are in that :P.Spoilers been the hardest thing ive done so far,body panels are a piece of !Removed! comparatively lol

• Like 1

Spoiler looks very good , nicely done

• Like 1

HI Mate, if you look at my spoiler I also did it, I did manage to do it in one piece but left the open ends not visable as they are towards the roof side of the soiler which cannot be seen but a brillant effort mate keep up the good work.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

post-42513-139894733367_thumb.jpg

Got round to ordering the removal keys,so wrapped the radio trim and then the heater dials came a few days later.much better than before!

I thought the mcdonalds chili dip gave some added effect :)

Can the bulbs be changed that illuminate them?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

looking good Ben. i tried wrapping my rear diffuser and it needed 3 people - 1 to apply heat, one to stretch it and one to hold the item in place.

looking good Ben. i tried wrapping my rear diffuser and it needed 3 people - 1 to apply heat, one to stretch it and one to hold the item in place.

That's gotta be the hardest thing about wrapping,it constantly moves everywhere lol.i done mine by myself on a table :)

eBay,uk seller,they had coloured ones from china but the delivery was too long for me to be bothered waiting

eBay,uk seller,they had coloured ones from china but the delivery was too long for me to be bothered waiting

Hmmm I can't fine any =[ nooo I wouldn't be able to wait either I want it all to be done now x

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club