Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cree Foglight Bulbs H8

Emzzy

Hi I wanted to upgraded my stock front fog light bulbs. I ordered the ones in the picture 2x H11 CREE 5W Q5 LED Foglight bulbs for Ford Focus but the didn't fit and had to send them back. I don't want to drimmel the housing.

Is there an alternative anybody can recommend please would very much appreciate it.

Cheers

post-43072-0-48828000-1376591022_thumb.j

Hi thanks for replying , how white is light output? Or is it similar to the stock yellowish bulbs???

Cheers

doesnt the picture show? theyre white i have ultra diamond white side light bulbs with the xenon headlights and fogs and all are white crisp white no yellow

£15 for 2 x H1 2 x H7 and 2 x H8's....

Seems to good to be true.....

Are these decent, longlasting bulbs or are they cheap knock-offs??

They would last as long as any other halogen bulb

• Like 1

well ive had them in a year they are made by ultra and most of the bulbs you pay £30 for are just cheaper bulbs

• Like 1

well ive had them in a year they are made by ultra and most of the bulbs you pay £30 for are just cheaper bulbs

WOW! Really?? Well thats my order placed then..... :)

Thanks for the info.

the sidelights on there own are less than £4 and ultra branded shows how much the other sellers make in profit

• Like 1

the sidelights on there own are less than £4 and ultra branded shows how much the other sellers make in profit

Its ridiculous really when you think of the price hike!

Well i'm glad I took a look at this thread as you have just saved me a fair bit of money!! :)

ive tried the expensive options where they are still yellow and had them need replaced 6 months on i tried a few lights before finding those i didnt want hid lights but white lights that still let you see the road and settled with those my mate has philips extreme in and they were at least double the price just for the headlights and side by side mines are brighter and whiter really annoys him but he wont buy new ones till they burn out lol

ive tried the expensive options where they are still yellow and had them need replaced 6 months on i tried a few lights before finding those i didnt want hid lights but white lights that still let you see the road and settled with those my mate has philips extreme in and they were at least double the price just for the headlights and side by side mines are brighter and whiter really annoys him but he wont buy new ones till they burn out lol

Me too. Tried the "nightbreaker" and one of them failed after just 3 months!

They should rename them "walletbreaker" instead as they dont last 5 minutes!

Haha. Bet your mate is gutted! LOL

I usually only pay top dollar for items for my car but in some cases you're just throwing your money away.

Theyve just been dispatched so i'm hoping they live up to expectations.... :)

Like i say ive had no issues no yellow and the pic was taken with a streetlamp directly overhead no issues with them failing or burning out and when they do im buying the same ones again i drive back roads to work with no lighting and they light up the road better than standard stick the main beam on you can see forever into the distance

• Like 1

Excellent!!

Thanks for recommending them.

If I remember, I will post back after ive fitted them..

Have a good weekend pal.

Mike.

• 5 months later...

Just came across the eBay link in this thread. Thanks for the heads up. Going to buy a set and I'll report back.

i've not long bought a set of osram cool blue intense h7s and a set of nightbreaker unlimited h1s for a total of 30quid :(

I recently bought Philips Diamond Vision 4000k dipped headlight bulbs and they're no better than cheap Halfords bulbs. Powerbulbs have offered to take them back and refund me my money. They cost nearly £30 and I don't really see why as they are anything but remarkable. I posted pics in my project thread and they look yellow.

I've ordered the set in the link and I'll report back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got the bulbs from eBay. Must say I'm impressed at what you get for £15. I can already see that the dipped headlights are whiter looking than the far more expensive Philips bulbs I purchased. I'll get some pictures up soon.

• Like 1

They don't specify them being road legal which probably means they're not.

Be careful with these as you might find they cause dazzle and being pulled by the plod and failing your MOT!

Then again, I haven't seen these bulbs in the flesh so they might not be as bright as those stupid annoyingly bright ones the chavs are all using!

I have CREE H8 in my fogs and passed MOT no problems.

Pretty sure front fogs aren't checked on MOT anyway.

The bulbs from eBay look perfectly legal. I tried them out last night and they were no worse than extortionate bulbs at £30 a pair. The dipped beam bulbs aren't yellow looking either which is nice. I have Cree foglight bulbs but haven't tried them yet.

Any way to tell if this set of bulbs are legal?

Led will never be legal in headlight or fog light fitting due to the nature of l.e.d light it cant be focused on a fixed point in the distance,

Led spreads equal light in equal directions, thus being great for position marking illumination such as parking lights and day time running lights but not in fogs,

However the cree fitted in fogs wont get you pulled by cops but perhaps by dolly birds and high street honeyz

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club