Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Is My Oil Going ?

Djamfamily

I have recently bought a Mk 5 Fiesta freestyle with 1.25 Zetec engine, with 70 k on the clock some service history, sounds and runs sweet and looks genuine. Every guide says how reliable this engine is and there are many examples of 150 k mile ones for sale as well.

Within a month it started to missfire and had blown a hole in an exhasut valve, big expense to have cyclinder head reworked. Advised this does happen occasionally with the Zetec engine by cyclinder head speacilist, just my luck. Hopefully no more problems and looking forward to miles of happy motoring.

No such luck went to check the oil and there is nothing on the dip stick, spoke to mechanic he suggested leaving it to settle down for a couple of weeks, but still the oil is dissappearing fast.

It does not appear to be leaking out as no oil drips on drive.

It does not smoke when driven in a variety of different ways.

However the exhaust is quite black, but it runs like dream otherwise.

I don't know where it is going and can't afford to give to a ford dealer to advise on any suggestions ?

Many thanks a frustrated Fiesta owner.

if there is no sign of an external leak anywhere yhen the oil must be leaking internally and being burnt, it could be worn piston rings or i suspect a valve stem oil seal seeing as the head has just been reworked. one of the seals could have not been located properley in the first place.

if there is no sign of an external leak anywhere yhen the oil must be leaking internally and being burnt, it could be worn piston rings or i suspect a valve stem oil seal seeing as the head has just been reworked. one of the seals could have not been located properley in the first place.

hi used to use the 125 zetecs for driving tuition , once they got to about 60 thou they started to use oil , in some cases quite a lot , but check it every week and top up , ive had well over a hundred and twenty thou from these cars doing this , so long as you dont get big clouds behind you ,dont worry

hi used to use the 125 zetecs for driving tuition , once they got to about 60 thou they started to use oil , in some cases quite a lot , but check it every week and top up , ive had well over a hundred and twenty thou from these cars doing this , so long as you dont get big clouds behind you ,dont worry

Hi its not just half a litre more like 3 litres per week, but there are no big clouds of smoke associated with failed rings. That's why i'm puzzled.

Thanks

Hi my thoughs exactly, but the head was retunred to as new and i think the oil was going before the head was refurbished. I would have thought failed rings would show up as low compression or it would smoke like a wood burner ? But i feel it is being burn't some how but i didn't really want to pay to have a rebore having just had the head off etc.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club