Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Flow Meter

shamus1

hi folks I have git a 2.0 tdci focus 2005 and have a stutter now and then when in second gear but if I push gas harder its gone,have today disconnected maf and took it for a spin and it seems a lot faster and stutter has gone,have tried cleaning maf but it made no difference,have been looking on eBay for a second hand maf and my part number is 9645948980 and I see the peugeut 2.0 hdi airflow meter looks exactly the same with the same part number can I fit the Peugeot one,many thanks.

it is a pugeot engine so simple answer yes mate

• 3 weeks later...

right fitted airflow meter and car flies different car and starting hunting gone,had car in fords and they didn't find a problem,i cleaned old airflow meter and presumed it was fine but bit the bullet and ordered the one in link above and car is great now thought I would post up as may help others.

That only seems to report fitting Fiat's, is that the right link?

they are exactly the same for the fiat, citroen,peugeot,ford for the 2.0 diesel.

excellent! always worth watching then!

as reported car is much much better but still have a occasional stutter when changing down to second gear for a split second car had a new egr fitted before I bought it and have taken it off and cleaned it but there was hardly anything in it,new fuel filter fitted by ford when serviced no codes stored any ideas folks?

EGR blank might help to stop the stutter?

im actually wondering if the butterfly on the intake manifold might stick at the stutter point but if you dropped the clutch to change down gear does the butterfly close up or only close up on shutdown?