Do Not Sell My Personal Information

06 Focus Dashboard Compartmentbissue

clarky100

Hi , i have an 06 Focus Titanium and have an issue with the dashboard compartment on the top of the dashboard.

Normally you press it down and it flips up. However when i press it down it doesnt spring up anymore and seems to get stuck on the catch.. I can manually raise it by forcing it but then it seems to want to flip down and not up????!!!

Is it a problem with the whole unit? Or has anybody else had similar issues?

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Moved to focus section. l would imagine its a problem with the locking mechanism whether this its self can be changed or the full unit would need to be changed I realy dont know sorry

I believe you can buy the catch seperately from the rest of the unit.

I'll dig around microcat tonight when i get back from Hendon.

ClArky I took mine out of the dash as it was doing the same, at the rear there is a metal bar that goes through both rear hinges, however it had dropped out of the right hand side and made it close at an angle, this caused mine to not allow it to re-open. I then re aligned the bar and works great now!

• Like 1

Oh and if it does not raise up, there is a spring at the rear that can slip out of place that normally pulls it upwards

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club