Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subwoofer Ideas :)

chrisdesilva6

I upgraded my fiesta 1.4 zetec 2003 standard stereo to a SONY BT4000U :)

however the bass needs a bit of a kick

Any one got any good ideas of subwoofers around £120 range (preferably twin subs)

i was considering Bassface 12" twin subs ( http://tinyurl.com/mt2uvxm ). are these any good?

im new to the car sub and stereo world! (my first car!!)

I upgraded my fiesta 1.4 zetec 2003 standard stereo to a SONY BT4000U :)

however the bass needs a bit of a kick

Any one got any good ideas of subwoofers around £120 range (preferably twin subs)

i was considering Bassface 12" twin subs ( http://tinyurl.com/mt2uvxm ). are these any good?

im new to the car sub and stereo world! (my first car!!)

I've had Fusion encounter range fitted before and found them easy to fit aswell as top quality

12" fusion encounter sub with built in amp on the side

Two component 6.5" in custom box's

Parcel shelf fitted with two fusion reactor 6x9's with half inch plywood spacers to prevent scuffing the sub

Front then

Two 4" fusion encounter with JVC tweeters mounted in the doors.

Picture005.jpg

• Like 2

That setup looks great! do you think 1 or 2 subwoofers would be better. and have you heard anything or reviews about bassface twin 12" subs? i want to get them but im not 100% sure on sound quality as it is a less known brand

Whats the difference between mono amps and 2 channel and 4 channel! the bassface comes with monoblock! is that any good?

I've had Fusion encounter range fitted before and found them easy to fit aswell as top quality

Parcel shelf fitted with two fusion reactor 6x9's with half inch plywood spacers to prevent scuffing the sub

Front then

Picture005.jpg

Lenny WTF is that car, I bet you loved it man.

• Like 2

Lenny WTF is that car, I bet you loved it man.

Thanks George,

That was my first car lol,

See my pillar gauges too lmao,

Its a 1.3 Toyota Starlet EP91 chassis

I built it in to a non turbo glanza replica

With starlet jeep map imported tail lights

. 09052009395-1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks George,

That was my first car lol,

See my pillar gauges too lmao,

Its a 1.3 Toyota Starlet EP91 chassis

I built it in to a non turbo glanza replica

With starlet jeep map imported tail lights

. 09052009395-1.jpg

a glanza turbo was the only car that beat my 4.2 v8 audi quattro S6 rep, it was running 400 bhp thats the glanza lol, it passed me like i was in a 1.0L micra :(

Picture007-1.jpg

• Like 1

why do people use 4 channel amps for subwoofers??

im confused!

Do you have one! what do you use!!??

• Like 1

i sold mine not so long ago. i had a kappa 122.7 in a home made box to the correct spec, sub was switchable form 1 ohm independance to 4 ohm independance. i kept it on 1 ohm stable as i was running it of a 2 ohm (1 stable) single chanel sony xm-1s mono block amp which is 500w rms and i had the amp shipped in from america....... iot sounded brilliant, but my set up in my old scoob was better tho.... i had to shrink down (misses moaning) and car changing

• Like 1

why do people use 4 channel amps for subwoofers??

im confused!

Do you have one! what do you use!!??

The amp I used came built in to the sub box

un less they think that bridging a stereo amplifier will work... a monoblock is a single chanel amp that is specificaly made for subs.....

What i have now is a 10" dimond audio sub again in a home made sealed box with my other sony xm-1s amp...

• Like 1

a glanza turbo was the only car that beat my 4.2 v8 audi quattro S6 rep, it was running 400 bhp thats the glanza lol, it passed me like i was in a 1.0L micra :(

]

Small turbo means less lag and more instant power,

The starlet was faster than my now remapped focus,ha

I do dearly miss that little car, I still shed a tear :(

I sold it in 2007 for 1,100

• Like 1

i sold mine not so long ago. i had a kappa 122.7 in a home made box to the correct spec, sub was switchable form 1 ohm independance to 4 ohm independance. i kept it on 1 ohm stable as i was running it of a 2 ohm (1 stable) single chanel sony xm-1s mono block amp which is 500w rms and i had the amp shipped in from america....... iot sounded brilliant, but my set up in my old scoob was better tho.... i had to shrink down (misses moaning) and car changing

Ah okay! im slowly learning! what do you guys think about this sub: http://tinyurl.com/mt2uvxm

Erm can you please explain the ohm thing! what's that all about :) :D

nice looking motor that starlet lenny... why did you let it go? was it for family car needs?

starts get the 2600w out of your head... when looking for audio equiptment you look for the rms, lower the hz the deeper the bass.

why not get seperate?

• Like 1

starts get the 2600w out of your head... when looking for audio equiptment you look for the rms, lower the hz the deeper the bass.

why not get seperate?

but it still has 1300 RMS!

i dont really want to get a separate amp because its too complicated for me! if i get a sub i haven't got a clue on which amp i need.

But do you think that bassface would be any good?

• Like 1

as a cheaper option sounds the part, but dont be dissapointed if it doesnt meet you requirements.... if you want good you have to pay good.... just dont make a mistake and think this is !Removed! once you tried it out... save up first and get quality then you wont need to change...... always remember once you have a sub fitted for first time, they have to be run in

• Like 1

Front then

Picture005.jpg

Lenny, what do u think about the bassface subwoofers? tinyurl.com/mt2uvxm

• Like 1

Lenny, what do u think about the bassface subwoofers?

To be honest its a name I've never heard of until today mate,

But the independent reviews seem good.

. http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B008K23TS0

And to maintain a good bass I recommend purchasing a pivot mega razin voltage stabiliser kit

Its like a resivour of power that can supply on demand much quicker than your battery can,

So in effect gives better base aswell as helps other components such as lights dimming under heavy base lol

That one is fun to watch on some boy racers with badly installed systems lol

If purchasing a pivot megarazin kit, don't purchase from eBay because they are all fake replicas tat don't power off and will drain your car battery over night, trust me I've bought two sets from eBay both fake white.

Purchase directly from pivot

. http://www.pivotracing.com/product/VS-M

• Like 1

wat about a power cap? does the same thing stores charge and a 1 farad costs about 30 quid?

• Like 1

wat about a power cap? does the same thing stores charge and a 1 farad costs about 30 quid?

Not exactly - the power capacitor stores electrical energy (a bit like a battery but can release its electrical energy quicker) and can release this energy when the amp demands large amounts of instant current/ power for transients - like a high amplatude bass note

Thats why you keep the capacitor close to the amp and the wires short and thick - so the cap can transmit its power almost instantly with little resistance

A 1farad capacitor capacitor can also be placed close to the battery - this can help reduce high frequency interference and also helps to boost the batterys - "instant" power - and can even help starting! - its not as effective for boosting a rear- mounted amp because of the long leads/ resistance of the wires reducing its effectiveness for transients

The pivot system is different from the capacitor - it is far more sophisticated and works in a different way (sometimes you get what you pay for :lol: )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1300w RMS / 2600w makes me smile - if the £130 twin 12" Speakers were connected up to REAL 1300w RMS they would last about 2 seconds before they melted (i would take all the exagerated claims with a "pinch of salt") each 12" speaker is probably only 100w to 150w - a typical full- range pro-audio 12" driver is about 250-300w ("true" rms power) max, and the magnets, voice coils etc will be several times the size of the car ones

A regular car alternator puts out about 700w, a couple of hundred watts (or more) is needed for the cars electrical systems - how can the car run 1300w? = it can't (without serious modificatoins)

The twin 12" Speakers and big cabinet will use up all your boot space and probably weighs 30kgs - its a lot of extra weight for a 1.4 to pull - a better designed, (probably more expensive though) single 12" or 10" sub would brobably be louder, produce deeper bass and be more compact and lighter than the cheap twin 12" sub

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club