Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Returning To The Fiesta Fold

Dave-2912

Good morning Chaps and Chapettes,

I'm a long-time member and occasional poster who is coming into the Fiesta fold for a second time.

First time round I had a '59 plate ZS, 120PS in Frozen White with Street Pack.

img0012noreg.jpg

Moved onto a ’12 plate Z4 for the last 18 months. Decided it would be my last chance for this kind of car before marriage and (eventually) kids started looming on the horizon!

img0844noreg.jpg

So whenever it’s delivered I will be swapping the Z4 for a '63 plate Candy Blue ZS, 125PS with 17" alloys, privacy glass, DAB, city pack (rear sensors, folding mirrors & puddle lights), spare wheel and auto headlights, wipers & dimming rear view mirror. Just wish I could have spec'd cruise control!

The Candy Blue paint really makes the car IMO and the 1.0 turbo is a far superior engine to the 1.6 it replaced.

Anyway, I look forward to being a bit more active on the forum and I’ll update this post with the obligatory pics when I pick up the new car.

Dave.

• Like 1

Where are the pictures of the New car??? Lol seen a candy blue zs today and it looked great!

Sorry just seen the last bit of your post lol

Where are the pictures of the New car??? Lol seen a candy blue zs today and it looked great!

Sorry just seen the last bit of your post lol

No bother Dan. I haven't seen that many candy blue Fiestas on the road never mind on a ZS. Macklin Motors in Dunfermline have one in their showroom though.

When I bought the car they couldn't tell me if they had one with exactly that spec in stock or if it would be a factory order. So atm I have been told to expect it on the 1st of September for the new '63 plate but I'm not really bothered if its longer. Pics will follow.

• Like 1

Cruise can be added, now a lot is activated on the Zetec S currently just nothing hooked up, like the ambient lighting for example, just they left off the strips. So, you may let lucky and be able to swap the fascia plate off a Titanium with cruise control onto the Zetec S plug-and-play style, or if not it can be activated by someone with Ford IDS, I'd imagine it could all be done for around £250, which is probably how much it'd cost as an option if it was available.

Cruise can be added, now a lot is activated on the Zetec S currently just nothing hooked up, like the ambient lighting for example, just they left off the strips. So, you may let lucky and be able to swap the fascia plate off a Titanium with cruise control onto the Zetec S plug-and-play style, or if not it can be activated by someone with Ford IDS, I'd imagine it could all be done for around £250, which is probably how much it'd cost as an option if it was available.

It's not plug&play I'm afraid, requires ECU reprogramming and most dealers will refuse.

ive always admired your z4! that was the first hardtop/convertible that changed my mind on those kinds of cars, it looks a lot more expensive than it suggests, and its a lot more interesting than a boxster (yawn) would have happilly had one of those if i could - until the 1M came along :lol:

Did you go for the full fat 3.0i by any chance?

a ZS in candy blue was one of the first of these Mk7.5's i saw, it looked really cool and the standard wheels didnt look so small either like they used to. and yes, i wouldnt doubt the 1.0 litre either over the previous 1.6 - it wouldnt have been difficult!

that said, i do miss the change in revs from about 4000rpm though

It's not plug&play I'm afraid, requires ECU reprogramming and most dealers will refuse.

Thanks for the info but I doubt I'd spend time and money trying to get it retrofitted anyway. If it could have been spec'd as new though, I definitely would have went for it.

ive always admired your z4! that was the first hardtop/convertible that changed my mind on those kinds of cars, it looks a lot more expensive than it suggests, and its a lot more interesting than a boxster (yawn) would have happilly had one of those if i could - until the 1M came along :lol:

Did you go for the full fat 3.0i by any chance?

a ZS in candy blue was one of the first of these Mk7.5's i saw, it looked really cool and the standard wheels didnt look so small either like they used to. and yes, i wouldnt doubt the 1.0 litre either over the previous 1.6 - it wouldnt have been difficult!

that said, i do miss the change in revs from about 4000rpm though

I would have loved the sdrive35is but it was quite a bit out of my budget (£46k). When I came to buy my Z4, BMW had just replaced the 2.5 and 3.0 naturally aspirated engines with 2.0 turbos. I've got the sdrive20i which is the second slowest in the range but still does 0-62 in 6.9 seconds. Got a great deal on it and managed to spec an M-sport with heated seats, heated steering wheel, cruise and wind deflector for just over £24k. About £9k off list!

The 1M was a very tempting prospect but the whole idea of changing cars this time was to save a bit of money. Maybe in a couple of years time.

ahhh didnt realise the £46k price!

Probably doesnt matter on a Fiesta with its small wheelbase (and on the prospect of saving money), but do you think you'll miss rear wheel drive?

ahhh didnt realise the £46k price!

Probably doesnt matter on a Fiesta with its small wheelbase (and on the prospect of saving money), but do you think you'll miss rear wheel drive?

Yes and no. In winter it was sometimes great fun - drifts on snow and ice were so predictable and easy to control, probably helped by the fact you're nearly sitting between the rear wheels. On the other hand, last winter I had to go the long way out of my village a few times as the car couldnt get up a moderately steep hill and I was breifly stuck once on an icey, sloped, monoblock driveway.

When the roads aren't frozen I have to be honest and say I probably dont fully exploit the handling advantages of rwd.The main thing I will miss about rwd is the grip when pulling away. My old Focus ST had about the same 0-60 figure (about 6.9) as the Z4 but would lose grip easily in 1st and 2nd gear. It could be tricky to pull away quick if the road was even slightly damp. The z4 pulls away at full throttle with hardly any fuss at all.

Informed today that there were no cars to my spec in dealer stock (their system was down at the time of purchase so they couldnt tell me then).

So it is to be built at the beginning of September and delivered towards the end of September. Not really a problem - hopefully we get some nice weather in the next month and I can enjoy my last few weeks with a convertable.

Informed today that there were no cars to my spec in dealer stock (their system was down at the time of purchase so they couldnt tell me then).

So it is to be built at the beginning of September and delivered towards the end of September. Not really a problem - hopefully we get some nice weather in the next month and I can enjoy my last few weeks with a convertable.

good stuff! can enjoy the z for the rest of the summer, then get the fiesta ready for the winter !

probably not that surprising with it being built to order, its been quite a rare sight - and i've only seen them with the top spec titaniums with the led strips!

*cough* time to expolit the rear wheel drive while it lasts!

• 1 month later...

So, 5 weeks after placing the order I picked up my new ZS today. The 1.0 engine is stronger than I remember which is pleasing considering the drop in performance I'm taking from the Z4. The paint looks a little flat in the pics below (and slightly lighter than it really is) but it's been a really overcast day. The Candy Blue really is beautiful in the metal. Only covered about 35miles and the fuel consumption has already crept up to 40mpg. I'm used to being quite low down so it kinda feels like im sitting on the car rather than in it but I'm sure I'll get used to the higher seating position. All things considered, I'm very pleased.

Last pics of the Z taken as I was clearing it out:

dftm.jpg

lcsj.jpg

lc6m.jpg

And the pics of the new car:

jyhi.jpg

wks4.jpg

u472.jpg

gx4v.jpg

f94v.jpg

5ypq.jpg

ccl6.jpg

f8u1.jpg

j4fc.jpg

nice!! I'm so getting that bodykitt next year B)

Do it! Turns a good looking car into a great looking car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club