Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Light / Reverse Light Rules & Regs

darkninja462

Anyone know the rules and regs on changing your fog lights before its an MOT fail.

Want to make sure its right before spending money onsomething that will make it fail MOT

Regards

-Ninja

What you changing them to? As far as I know as long as they work and are right colour they should be OK.

In what way are you thinking of changing them?

Front fog lights are not tested on an MOT.

The only way you may have trouble is if you convert them to drl's which is not permitted by law unless you disconnect them from the fog light switch, change the bulbs to led and ensure that they dim or switch off with side/main lights.

Well from I have seen there are three versions of the image attatched, a clear crystal, and then a black clear, and then a smoked crystal. I didn't know if there was any law on how much they are tinted, I'm specifically looking for slighlty smoked (If its legal) as it will suit the colour of my car (Magnum Grey).

Regards

-Ninja

post-46170-0-59217400-1376950496_thumb.j

They will be fine however the above has changed as of this year i woute

Products on the lens or light source which obviously reduce the lights intensity or change its color will be a reason for fail this spplies to front and rear position lamps stop lamps directional indicators and fog lights

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club