Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Sensors

Tumbo

Hi all,

I believe I sent this one to the wrong place originally, have found the site a bit confusing (getting old), got my my head round it now I think.

Have fitted a set of reversing sensors to my 2012 1.4 TD is that a Mk 7? not sure.

My question is about the little display unit, that I have at the moment sitting on my rear parcel shelf, was wondering if anyone had installed it on the the center of the dash just in front of the menu screen (where it looks quite at home and placed correctly does not obscure the drivers view) but would require a hole drilled into the dash, has anyone tried fitting it here? if so, is there easy access for the wire to come down to the fuse panel behind the glove box.

I have tried getting my hand in but not far enough to feel under the menu screen although, I can only get my finger tips there but still am a few inches of where I would like to be before attempting to drill a hole.

The sensor fitting went well thanks to the guides on this forum, would like to thank all of those that have taken the time to share their experiences.

Finally I have noticed a dull redish strip of light on the edge where the glove box shuts to, can anyone throw some light (excuse the pun) on what this is for? doesn't seem to do anything and appears of no apparent use for anything but drain the battery.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Tumbo

Lol,,, the dullish light you are seeing is called 'ambient' lighting, and is just a subtle illumination for night time driving. I quite like them. You can choose weather or not to have these activated through the radios 'menu' button, then follow the options. And im sure i have seen a pic somewhere with the reverse sensor display fitted just in front of the info display, so im sure it is possible, just be prepared to lose some skin off your knuckles haha. It aint fun if its easy :)

Hello Mike77

Thanks for the reply, not used to such things like ambient lighting ad I have already lost a bit of skin so, no worries there.

Thanks again.

Tumbo

I had aftermarket parking sensors fitted and that's where my display went:

imag0430f.jpg

Hello Nathan,

That's perfect, looks great there doesn't it.

I will feel confident to drill a hole in the dash now, Thanks for that.

Wife took the car on her own for the first time yesterday and guess what? all went well.

What is the display on the menu screen? don't recall seeing that before.

Thanks again Naithan.

Tumbo

You don't need to drill any holes in the dash, just feed the wire down the gap between the trim and the stereo screen.

My screen shows a song playing over bluetooth.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club