Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Software Update For Mk7.5

Clarky2013

Does anyone know how you find out if a software update is available for the stereo?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, I have no idea! :)

Only through dealers for Ford Sync at the moment until they make it available to download.

There is an update at the dealers, had it done to mine yesterday :P there's also a tweak to the ECU too for the 1.6 diesel's, not sure if it's for any other engine's though.

Cheers , I've got the 1500 mile check on the weekend, is the update something they can do then? Or is it half/full day job?

There is an update at the dealers, had it done to mine yesterday :P there's also a tweak to the ECU too for the 1.6 diesel's, not sure if it's for any other engine's though.

Is that all 1.6 diesels or just the me 7.5?

Hi, they will perform updates if there is a known fault with your car, which you might have to prove. Over at Talkford there is a discussion about adding the trip counter to the 4 way display on the drivers screen through a software update. Some are going in and saying that there screens are freezing and getting it done for nothing. Otherwise it is a charge of around £50-£80....

Cheers , I've got the 1500 mile check on the weekend, is the update something they can do then? Or is it half/full day job?

Took them a day for me because it had a Sync problem and a problem restarting after a stall, it'll probably be a quick job but as said it'll cost if there's no fault with the vehicle. I had a low fuel pressure problem too.

Think it's only for the 7.5 but there is an update for the mk7, tell them you have an unusual amount of turbo lag and they'll apply the update if you push them. That's if it's not been done by the previous owner, some dealers included the update in the service like I had on the previous car.

Hi, they will perform updates if there is a known fault with your car, which you might have to prove. Over at Talkford there is a discussion about adding the trip counter to the 4 way display on the drivers screen through a software update. Some are going in and saying that there screens are freezing and getting it done for nothing. Otherwise it is a charge of around £50-£80....

Thought all Fiesta's already had trip computers?

I was using the trip on the Focus as a software update example, not the Fiesta, because Focus owners are trying to get a software update performed so it is displayed..

Already!!!!!!!!

Do we know what the update addresses specifically?

Is the tweak to the ecu in the update or a separate thing?

1500 mile check??? Surely that is something only your dealer has opted to do....

I can't believe they think it is acceptable to be able to charge you for a software upgrade to the car when you have paid so much out for a car...If this is the case then I'll just wait till the Focus needs a service and get them to do it then.

I hope the announce the ability to upgrade it yourself via USB sharpish

Sat in the dealer now and they refuse to accept there is a software update avalaible!, even after I offer to demonstrate the errors I get on mine! Good old ford for you

Sat in the dealer now and they refuse to accept there is a software update avalaible!, even after I offer to demonstrate the errors I get on mine! Good old ford for you

WHAT!!! Which dealer..... PM it to me!!!

Hi, you can already check to see if a update is available through ETIS, all you need is a VCI https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=63c51fdc646f7685&q=vehicle+communication+interface&tbm=shop whether this is able to update the pcm's or sync I do not know. Also, some dealers will connect up your car when it is being serviced, some will not and charge you £50-£80 for the privilege. If it isn't a safety issue they will be unlikely to be performed for free outside of that unless you have a very willing dealer..

Hi, you can already check to see if a update is available through ETIS, all you need is a VCI https://www.google.co.uk/#fp=63c51fdc646f7685&q=vehicle+communication+interface&tbm=shop whether this is able to update the pcm's or sync I do not know. Also, some dealers will connect up your car when it is being serviced, some will not and charge you £50-£80 for the privilege. If it isn't a safety issue they will be unlikely to be performed for free outside of that unless you have a very willing dealer..

Have you actually tested ETIS with any of these adapters?

The Sync update is TERRIBLE, I can no longer access any song on my iPod, or playlist/artist/album via voice commands, because I have too many tracks on the iPod for sync to now handle, which it never did before, it's going back in for sure.

Oh really, I might not bother updating mine tomorrow.

The Sync update is TERRIBLE, I can no longer access any song on my iPod, or playlist/artist/album via voice commands, because I have too many tracks on the iPod for sync to now handle, which it never did before, it's going back in for sure.

Pull fuse 24 for a couple of minutes.

I've got an update. Will ask if I can get it done for Free.

post-5052-0-86109700-1377470912_thumb.jp

Pull fuse 24 for a couple of minutes.

Done that, it's the programming that just won't allow it. On the plus side, you no longer have to say 'hume' for home.

I'm glad it didn't get it done now! Hope you get yours sorted out