Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Engine Cooling Fan

Is this an easy job? I've had it diagnosed. Basically the fan is completely dead so I need to fit a new one. I've done some messing before like break lads and disks. So I was wondering how hard this job is?

Is it a matter of just removing bolts to release the fan and removing the plug and putting the new one in?

Or is there more to this than meets the eye?

Regards

James

I should say, all fuses have been checked, and the guy from the AA tried to link a charge direct to the fan to make it spin and it failed to work.

To be fair I don't think I've ever heard the fan working for a very long time.

Changing is relatively easy, unplug, remove, fit new, replug, however its getting access to it that will probe to be tricky.

Have you got a Haynes manual? I recommend you invest in one if you havent already!

I don't, and I haven't. But I agree you're right, as I've spent many house looking for things I didn't need and missing things I do.

Well I shall try and find a fan, and attempt this. I always have a tool issue but I guess the book explains what I need.

Now to figure what MK my car is. Thanks again.

Jay

if its the new shape with a green instrument cluster, then its MK2, if its the new shape with an orange cluster then its MK2.5, if its the latest shape its MK3

Post a picture and we will confirm!