Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steering Stalk Adapter

Paul Martin Forrest

I bought a PC99-x07 steering stalk adapter and wiring harness online. I have a 2003 Focus and and old Alpine 9835R stereo which does work with steering controls. I followed instructions as best as i could and got it all connected.

I have tried several times but still can't get the steering controls to work. Everything else works. The steering controls worked with the ford stereo. My Alpine worked in my old megane with steering controls.

After a lot of emails back and forward, the company have said they will replace the wee adapter box.

I just wondered if anyone else has experience of this. Am i wiring it up wrong ? Is there a certain order to fo things ? I paid £20 for the original adapter and wiring harness. Just before the company agreed to replace the box yesterday I bought a 2nd hand adapter and control on eBay for £3. So one way or another I will have a working box. I just wanna make sure I put it in correctly. :wacko:post-46333-0-41764900-1377503779_thumb.j

The usual procedure is connect the power to the stereo first and then connect the adaptor.

For some reason the adaptor is only recognised if done in that order.

Yeah that is what my instruction sheet said and i did follow that but still nothing. I disconnected it several times and tried it all again, but nothing. It might just be that the box is faulty - hopefully the 2nd hand one i get or the new replacement will work. I will connect them the same way then. Thanks :)

You said you have the main harness bit but do you have the patch lead part number pc99-Son/pc99-jvc etc depends on what alpine uses

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a replacement control box sent from the company after a few emails back and forth. It worked as soon as i plugged it in so i must have had a faulty one. :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club