Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boost Gauge On Fiesta Zetec S 1.0

wullie1515

Has anyone wired in a boost gauge? If soo where did you route the vacuum hoses/power wires and what vacuum hose on engine bay did you route the boost gauge into? Anyone done this yet? Or am I going too be the guinee pig lol

Forgive me for being a complete novice :) but what is a boost gauge exactly for

A boost gauge measures and displays the amount of boost (in PSI or bar ) entering the engine on a turbocharged car (petrol or diesel)

A boost gauge can be fitted to any turbocharged car (including the turbocharged ecoboost ), it is usually connected between the intercooler and inlet manifold

A tap/ union can be taken off

For a mechanical gauge - a small diameter hose long enough to connect to the gauge is all that is normally required

If you choose a mechanical gauge that is readable in daylight

It does not need any special switches/ dimmers etc, in fact in daytime use no electrics are required, to see it at night, the backlight can be connected directly to the lighting (sidelights) circut

Best to choose a gauge that measures a little bit over the expected boost pressure

post-38050-0-20764200-1377641667_thumb.j

^^ the (mechanical) gauge in the pic did not have any electrics at first, it has a simple tube going to the inlet manifold, it works well

Thanks mate, yeah I know a boost gauge can be fitted I just wanted advice on where too route the vacuum piping and electrics for the backlight...I dont fancy butchering parts of the dash on my brand new car lol! Also dont want any wiring showing... What pipe did you use too put vacuum pipe into? I would imagine you used a T-peice ?

i got a bit of brake line for free (that the small-diameter hose fitted over) and tucked it in-between the inlet manifold inlet and the ajacent boost hose (i just loostened the jubille clip and stuck the brake line in- i eventually had to plug either side of the brake line with putty )- i used another length of brake line to poke through a grommet on the bulkhead/ firewall (i did not remove anything to do this) it sounds more complicated than it is and i will try to get pics to show you later

The reason i used the brake line did not use a t-piece etc is because i planned to change/ upgrade the inlet manifold/ hoses and it was just "temporary" - if a self- tapping nipple is used, a T - piece is un-nessesary (the hose can go directly from the nipple to the gauge - or sender if an elkectronic gauge is used)

Probably a gauge pod is the least "destructive" method of mounting the pod, you just have to decide were you want it - you just have to route the wires/ etc accordingly

The secret is to keep it simple/ not to make it too complicated / unnessesarily more difficult than it needs to be

You can always "stick it on" to try it and hide/ tidy the wires up later

By doing it yourself (instead of copy-ing what someone else has done) you may find a better way of doing it or a better location for the gauge

• Like 1

Okay doke :) thanks for the info :)

• 1 year later...

did you end up fitting a gauge, im not sure where to pipe mine to on the fiesta 1.0 ecoboost tbh

To make it easier there is a guage that plugs into the OBD port.

• Like 1

I use the Dash Command app (there are plenty of others) along with a £20 wifi adapter that plugins into the OBD port. The one thing to be careful of is some of the apps specifically need the adapter to be bluetooth or wifi so choose your app + adapter carefully...

Dash Command - http://www.palmerperformance.com/products/dashcommand/index.php

OBD2 adapter - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=obd2+wifi&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aobd2+wifi

• 6 months later...

Do any one on her know where to connect the vacume line from the gauge to the turbo, if so could they give me instructions and a pic please, and I see people asking where to run the vacume line I ran mine through the same hole as the bonnet catch behind the driver pedals.

• 5 months later...

Did anyone ever get this gauge sorted?

What part of Kent are you in? There's a guy in Tonbridge who supplies and fits them, look up littledevilguages on Facebook and Google.

What part of Kent are you in? There's a guy in Tonbridge who supplies and fits them, look up littledevilguages on Facebook and Google.

Hi mate, thanks for coming back to me, Tonbridge isn't too far, I'm from Crayford so can easily get in touch. Do you recommend the guy?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club