Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking Electrics

James Rosier

Hi all

For a few weeks now i have been getting into my car as normal ( key in my pocket and putting my hand on the door handle and car unlocks ) but now its different, i would get into the car and sit in the drivers seat whilst my girlfirend is still locked outside and trying to get into the passenger side. She then has ago at me thinking im joking about and locking the door on purpose... when im not. I then have to either

A) use the keys and press the unlock button TWICE to unlock all the doors

or

B ) press the door lock button on the dash board.

Woundering if anyone els has had this issue or any idea what is making this happen.

I will go into Ford to get it sorted (hopefull) but work is mental and i have no personal time at the moment.

Thanks

James Rosier

I don't have the keyless entry on mine, but I know I can change the behaviour of the unlock button on the key between just the drivers door and both the drivers and passengers. I think this is done by holding the unlock button for a few seconds, but can't be sure of the procedure. It sounds very much like this is what's happened to you, especially as you say you have to press it twice to unlock the passenger side. Have a look in your handbook for the details, probably no need to go to Ford!

think thats something to do with anti hijacking isnt it? to stop someone hiding down by the passengers door and opening it when you unlock it ..sure i read it somewhere in owners book ..press and hold the lock and unlock buttons together for few seconds to set unset the feature ....only drivers door unlocks on first press of button 2 presses unlocks all doors ...

Ahh awesome cheers guys!

no idea why its gone onto that setting!

Will try it soon!

Thanks again!

You say you keep the key in your pocket - my money's on you sitting on the buttons :P

Haha maybe, but its usualyy in my jacket pocket which sits in the back seats....

Its worked!!!!!

Thanks guys for the advice! saved me a few hours down Ford!

Cheers again!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club