Do Not Sell My Personal Information

how long ? ? ? ?

scottyboy

Hiyaaaa guys and girls just ordered my spanker n wondered if anyone cud put my mind kinda a rest coz im buzzin about gettin it...n the dude says it will be round 6 to 8 weeks . . i know he wont to lying obviously but wondered how long yours took??

thanks people

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucy21

• Jonny87

• shabazmo

• jma78b

Hiyaaaa guys and girls just ordered my spanker n wondered if anyone cud put my mind kinda a rest coz im buzzin about gettin it...n the dude says it will be round 6 to 8 weeks . . i know he wont to lying obviously but wondered how long yours took??

thanks people

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4585

check this dude! Most peoples have been 6-8 weeks, although some 3 month+ horror stories are emerging,

Hiya, what spec did you order? I was lucky only had to wait a couple of weeks as back in Nov when we went looking they had ours already built and held in a holding depot, someone had changed their minds apparently - their loss my gain.

ermmm i got zetec but had few things done sed factory order... just had tints zetec s spoiler and bluetooth voice recog fitted... frozen white aswell if that matters anyway??... should it??

different people have said different things about the build set-up. Some have been told they are made in order of colour, others that they are made by spec. I dont think it really matters, there is definitely a backlog of orders and they are making them as fast as they can

okaaaay pal thanks alot !! by colour?? bit random aint it really?? i personally think they'd make a like a batch n fitte all accessories

yeah i think its mainly automated then they just continually roll down a production line with a job sheet with the spec on. Only thing i can see slowing it down is if they run out of some trim level specific part like wing mirror motors or something, then they would have to put the titaniums on hold for a bit etc. Then again they are made in Germany and they are supposed to be really efficient arent they????

Then again they are made in Germany and they are supposed to be really efficient arent they????

As I understand it Fiestas for the UK are made both in Cologne, Germany and Valencia, Spain. Which causes me to think, surely they don't make every variant, in every colour, in both places? Some rationalisation would seem sensible. I can imagine, outmoded stereotypical ideas coming to the fore, that the sober black, grey and white ones might come from Cologne with the exciting vibrant colours from Valencia. Does anyone know what really comes from where? And can you tell the factory of origin from the VIN codes? And - the deepest-kept secret of all no doubt - is there any diference in build quality between assembly plants?

As I understand it Fiestas for the UK are made both in Cologne, Germany and Valencia, Spain. Which causes me to think, surely they don't make every variant, in every colour, in both places? Some rationalisation would seem sensible. I can imagine, outmoded stereotypical ideas coming to the fore, that the sober black, grey and white ones might come from Cologne with the exciting vibrant colours from Valencia. Does anyone know what really comes from where? And can you tell the factory of origin from the VIN codes? And - the deepest-kept secret of all no doubt - is there any diference in build quality between assembly plants?

I also heard they are made at both plants, but i think the right hand drive version is only made in Germany. I would imagine that all ford factories are heavily standardised, so there is likely no difference in build quality... Personally i would like to see the Fiesta made at the Dagenham plant like the old days, but no, ford have to make it a couple of thousand miles away, only benefit i can see is the labour and taxes are cheaper elsewhere, making the cars cheaper

thanks people

I was told 6-8 weeks, its been 4 and a half weeks and I still have no build date.

I got a "christmas tree" ;) lol, titanium fully spec't out.... 3month tho... not going to happen!! cant wait that long. :o

I was told they are factory built in order of colour...I could have had a Hot Magenta one 2 days earlier if I hadn't have picked the Vision Blue.

Out of everyone I know, I haven't met anyones who was built in Valencia like mine. Anyone on here?

Iv been waiting ages for my Titanium!! i ordered mine middle of Feb 09 and im still waiting for it! :angry: My salesman is telling me it should be in this weekend and i really hope it is because im getting really fed up now!

Iv ordered a 1.4 petrol, Panther Black with a couple of extras. How hard can it be to get these cars out and on the road?

I've had a thought and it might be nothing but a stab in the dark, but, I think I waited 7 weeks for mine to be built yet others are waiting much longer but I can't see why some cars bought through other dealers are taking longer. Mine had plenty of extras to add to the build date but it dosn't seem that's the cause.

Is it possible some dealers are waiting till the start of the following month before they actually place the order with Ford just so their targets are met. Say for instance they need to sell 20 cars per month to meet their targets and if I'd ordered a car on the 20th of a certain month and they had already had 20 orders that month, would it be plausible for them to wait for the first day of the next month to put the order through and therefore that car going to that months target. That could possibly add 2 extra weeks or more to the wait time for customers.

As I say, just a guess, but there must be a reason why some dealers are taking longer than others to deliver cars to the customers.

i guess that could be true, and if it is, its just silly because its not keeping the customers happy.

Everytime i ring my salesman, he starts telling me about all the redundancies that have been made and that they have lost alot of drivers and so the cars are just not getting delivered to the dealerships. and i can understand that.

But then i get the impression that he's just trying to stall me and just making excuses. Im getting really fed up now. He said that id have my car by the easter weekend and now he's put that back to the week after!

Iv really got to stop moaning about it now though, i keep winding myself up about it lol. i guess it will come when its ready wont it :rolleyes:

keithc . . . . that is a really good point and i wud second that mate... cud have hit the nail on the head with that statement. when i was talkin to my salesman he was forever on about the personal targets n company aims and by the sounds of things the fez-bombs are gettin stalled and stalled??

Iv been waiting ages for my Titanium!! i ordered mine middle of Feb 09 and im still waiting for it! :angry: My salesman is telling me it should be in this weekend and i really hope it is because im getting really fed up now!

Iv ordered a 1.4 petrol, Panther Black with a couple of extras. How hard can it be to get these cars out and on the road?

I ordered my 1.4 petrol fiesta in Hot Magenta on 31 Jan and changed the colour to black in mid Feb. It will be delivered at the dealers 11 Apr and collected by me on the 19th. So thats about 11 weeks to the dealers and the same as Lucy's.

Mine was 9 weeks wait, they sent mine to the wrong country though so waited longer than most.

However, when you get them, they are worth the wait!!!

My salesman has just called me and said its too late to make the changes I wanted to the car (USB blue tooth and parking sensors) because the CAR IS ON ITS WAY!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It was due to be built on the 24th April so its 2 weeks early. He says I should be sitting in my car in about 4 weeks time! :lol: I can still have the parking sensor added at the Ford Dealer but they don't yet know how to do the bluetooth USB option. I don't care just GIMME MY CAR!!

I can wait four weeks :ph34r:

i guess that could be true, and if it is, its just silly because its not keeping the customers happy.

Everytime i ring my salesman, he starts telling me about all the redundancies that have been made and that they have lost alot of drivers and so the cars are just not getting delivered to the dealerships. and i can understand that.

But then i get the impression that he's just trying to stall me and just making excuses. Im getting really fed up now. He said that id have my car by the easter weekend and now he's put that back to the week after!

Iv really got to stop moaning about it now though, i keep winding myself up about it lol. i guess it will come when its ready wont it :rolleyes:

Just a thought here Lucy--if you're feeling brave call his bluff and cancel the order.

If what you say is true, he won't want to lose your business so he might just get off his backside and chase your car through for you.

All depends on whether you're willing to take the risk though..........

Just a thought here Lucy--if you're feeling brave call his bluff and cancel the order.

If what you say is true, he won't want to lose your business so he might just get off his backside and chase your car through for you.

All depends on whether you're willing to take the risk though..........

Yeah alot of people have said that to me, and i was thinking it myself. I think i might try and get a few things thrown in for nothing at this stage, like mats, full tank and anything else i can think of! suggestions welcome!

I spoke to my dealer last week and he said that it should be in either Thursday 9th or today. i tryed to ring on Thursday but my salesman was on holiday and the person who had the key to the filing cabnet had left for the day! so i still dont know if the car has been delivered! So im going to ring in about half hour.

it just seems like evertime i ring, they have a new excuse. im not even excited anymore (which is really annoying) but im fed up of being disappointed

I just want my car!!! is that too much to ask? lol trying not to think about it now, im just winding myself up.

just spoke to someone at the dealership. They are now saying the car is not going to be delivered until 28th April..................slowly loosing my patience and the will to live :angry: . Just waiting for a call back from the manager so i can complain and demand that i get my car this week or im canceling the order.

Now im thinking i might just get a 58 plate that is already in the country and ready to go.........

Has anyone else had this sort of customer service from their dealerships? or am i just being a difficlut customer? i think they are just telling me what i want to hear. :( im so disappointed, i want to cry.

just spoke to someone at the dealership. They are now saying the car is not going to be delivered until 28th April..................slowly loosing my patience and the will to live :angry: . Just waiting for a call back from the manager so i can complain and demand that i get my car this week or im canceling the order.

Now im thinking i might just get a 58 plate that is already in the country and ready to go.........

Has anyone else had this sort of customer service from their dealerships? or am i just being a difficlut customer? i think they are just telling me what i want to hear. :( im so disappointed, i want to cry.

Cheer up Lucy, they are not the only dealership in the country.

Ring them up now and tell them to stuff their car where the sun doesn't shine then cruise round all your other dealers in your area and see if there are any ex demos or cancelled orders etc available.

If you can't find a conducive dealer in your area then try this one here in Leicestershire as I have no hesitation in recommending them to you:

Shepshed Ford

Jim's the man to talk to here.

OK, it's a long way from you but that doesn't matter anymore now does it? :)

Right, going to the dealership tonight, see if we can get some answers. Going to try and get as much out of them for free as possible. but at the end of the day, i just want my car. iv got the log book in my name and everything, i just dont understand why its taking so long. iv had the log book about 3 weeks now. im just fed up of being mucked about.

All i can think of for them to throw in for free is a tank of petrol and the ford mats.

Anything else? help please!!

x