Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Function Stopped Working!

Leighley

Hi all,

Up to 2 days ago I've been enjoying the delights of my ipod whenever I've wanted in my '10 Fiesta 1.4TDci Titanium.

Now I can't select the Aux function on the stereo, either through the button or via the menu. The ipod is also not being initilised as well so I guess the stereo isn't seeing anything there.

Any ideas? I've checked the iPod & leads!

Thanks

Lee

maybe you should reset your ipod. then try.!

Good advice from Jonny. Also, have you tried another device to check whether the auxiliary is functional? Even a laptop would be sufficient if you plug the jack in.

I've played the ipod through my home amp and works fine so doesn't need resetting. I've also tried connecting the ipod via an apple lead and tried plugging in an iPhone using the Ford lead as well, all to no avail.

All the other functions, CD, Radio, Phone work ok, it's just the AUX button/function that doesn't! Doesn't something on the unit need resetting or could just that one function have broken (as I can't select it through the menu options I don't think it's the physical button faulty!)

If it's connected via USB you may need to reset the module by disconnecting the power.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice & ideas. I've reset the bluetooth module (thinks the thanks goes to Nathan & his YouTube video, if it's his hehe) and hey presto it's now working, quite how Ford design/make a system like this is a bit beyond me but never mind I have my iPod back!

Thanks again guys

Lee

• Like 1

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice & ideas. I've reset the Bluetooth module (thinks the thanks goes to Nathan & his YouTube video, if it's his hehe) and hey presto it's now working, quite how Ford design/make a system like this is a bit beyond me but never mind I have my iPod back!

Thanks again guys

Lee

You're welcome ;)

• 6 years later...

iNath what is the video please? I am having trouble with my aux button too. I press the button and it goes to radio. I cannot play any music through aux. Which is frustrating because 90% of the radio stations don't work where I live in so heavily rely on my phone. I have a 59 plate Ford Fiesta. Had a new battery recently put in as well 

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2020 at 1:36 PM, DyfedWms said:

iNath what is the video please? I am having trouble with my aux button too. I press the button and it goes to radio. I cannot play any music through aux. Which is frustrating because 90% of the radio stations don't work where I live in so heavily rely on my phone. I have a 59 plate Ford Fiesta. Had a new battery recently put in as well 

have you managed to get it fixed. if so how im in the same boat as you

• 9 months later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club