Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Fog Lights With Intigrated Drl's

beefy505

Hello all, new to the Focus brigade as I've just come across from the Fiesta page, had a mk7 Econetic and now have Focus CC.

Posted this on the CC owners page but thought you might like as well... And hello to any CC owners who lurk on here as well :) This is a direct copy of my other post.

Saw these and me likey a lot :) not sure on the price though, been awhile since I bought new lights so don't know if this is a good price or not?!

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/108/products_id/1479

• Like 1

I'm wondering if they are legal , due to looking like the Fog Lamp , maybe others can confirm

• Like 1

Hello all, new to the Focus brigade as I've just come across from the Fiesta page, had a mk7 Econetic and now have Focus CC.

Posted this on the CC owners page but thought you might like as well... And hello to any CC owners who lurk on here as well :) This is a direct copy of my other post.

Saw these and me likey a lot :) not sure on the price though, been awhile since I bought new lights so don't know if this is a good price or not?!

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/108/products_id/1479

Look good to me,

Only down side I can think of; people flashing you to say your fog lights are on

They do state a fog light if fitted as standard is a fog light even with reduced intensity they are still by law classed as fogs so you would get fined for driving with fogs on

they look good to me but if you will get hastle from them then its not worth it

how about something similar to this.

http://www.k2motor.com/universal-halo-fog-lightprojector-7-color.html

ot these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Projector-Fog-H3-Bulb-Lights-w-CCFL-Halo-Angel-Eyes-with-switch-/190646961430?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item2c6371c516

admittedly the first one is an american company but it gives the the general idea.

sorry If it turns out the links i have given are for the wrong year.

Agreed, technically they are legal, because they have seperate light compartments, the lower half is DRL, and the upper is Fog light, but it will attract a lot of attention, and you would regularly need to prove to passing officers that they are seperate. You are better off getting the DRL in the fog housing (not the light itself) i.e. a strip above the foglight

+1 Technically they are legal and I would have thought you would get away with them.

I am being a devils advocate now going asking does anyone know of anybody driving a new volvo with fog DRLs and have they been stopped?

I think the police tend to have an idea of cars that leave the factory (for example, those volvo's) and tend to allow them as they are factory fit, its more the retrofits that they would tend to pull.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with them but a black rat might get a bit twisty about them if they wanted to be officious.

If they are wired with the correct relays that dim them on side lights and switch them off with headlights then imho they are a good mod.

The drl section of the lights are clearly seperate to the fog section behind the lens so is not technically a fog light being misused.

Look at recent Minis and you'll see that they use the same style lights.

ide say what the hell go for it if you want im sick of passing arses with the fogs on night and day and they seem fine all ide say is the cost is a bit high for what it is i agree the strip above the light looks better and eBay sell cheaper leds that will switch automatically with the headlights on etc for around £20 that will fit in the lower grill easily

Seen a few new Fiat 500's with the split DRL / Fog light.

Wasn't to sure on the price for a set of replacement lights so may give it a miss but it's out there so someone may give it a go. :)

I am quite happy with my aftermarket DRL's, granted I would have preferred to be able to buy the style that Lenny and Preee have on their cars, but it does the job, theres a bit more light there during the day and it doesnt look completely stupid so, I am happy with it!

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for raising this subject again but some of my pals were discussing the legality of DRLs on older cars, so I was able to put them right with the info I got on the forum. I have this style I fitted. I had 2 strips of 6, 1 on either side of the grille, but 1 side failed after about 8 months so I changed them for these. They are 3watts each side. Very bright from the right angle but not too much light to blind oncoming traffic. They go off when my dipped beam is switched on. They were less than £5 to buy and are made of anodised alloy. They are called Eagle Eyes.

post-36775-0-22311800-1379427340_thumb.j

post-36775-0-89993300-1379427372_thumb.j

post-36775-0-06357600-1379427408_thumb.j

post-36775-0-78563800-1379427563_thumb.j

Apologies for raising this subject again but some of my pals were discussing the legality of DRLs on older cars, so I was able to put them right with the info I got on the forum. I have this style I fitted. I had 2 strips of 6, 1 on either side of the grille, but 1 side failed after about 8 months so I changed them for these. They are 3watts each side. Very bright from the right angle but not too much light to blind oncoming traffic. They go off when my dipped beam is switched on. They were less than £5 to buy and are made of anodised alloy. They are called Eagle Eyes.

They are are good.

I have a few on the tailgate panel so they shine down and light up the edge of the boot and road behind so I can see what im doing at night.

I am not found of single bulbs personally, I prefer a strip, or multiple, as a single bright spot isnt necessarily enough for you to be seen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club