Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium X19" Wheel Noise

mel2000

I want to complain to fords about my dissatisfaction regarding the wheel noise from the Bridgestone tyres on my kuga. Any tips ,advice or contact numbers appreciated please.

• Like 1

what do you hope to get from complaining?as long as they are not defective chances are you will get nowhere,different tyres have different levels of noise and furthermore the lower the profile the less the rubber between the wheel and the road sadly equals more noise.

• Like 1

I want to complain to fords about my dissatisfaction regarding the wheel noise from the Bridgestone tyres on my kuga. Any tips ,advice or contact numbers appreciated please.

Complain to ford about bridgestone?

Best ford can do is agree and give you brigestones customer service number,

Your rolling 19" rims mate,

You tyres will be super low profile, it goes without saying that you will feel an ants !Removed! being crushed under the wheel as you drive.

What profile are the tyres what the figure in the middle for example 225/30/R18

30 being 30mm of rubber comfort between the rim and the road, its gonna be rough.

205/55/R16

Now that's pleasure, 55mm of rubber between the rim and the road lots of noise and bump surpression,

Not making fun of your situation,

I'm just saying know the facts before pointing the finger,

I had 19" Bridgestone on previous AWD Kuga and after a few thousand from new the noise suddenly became too much. Some of it may be the tyre itself or the tracking. Tracking might depend on where 19" were fitted ...factory or garage....19" required a change in settings I was told.

In my case, and others I believe, Bridgestone took the rap and the wear was blamed and the tyres were changed to different manufacturer tyres F.O.C. Had a lot of help from the Ford dealer who had the tyre rep in and by that stage no argument.

I expect your other respondents are right this size does not give you quiet.

For what it is worth on any future permanent 4 wheel drive or AWD I would never go bigger than 17" to reduce the noise a bit as I now have some tinnitus. Actually tried ear plugs for a while which cant be recommended !! As I am low mileage I would run all year on 17" Winter or All Season whichever was avaialble and lowest noise on test as classified by the tyre manufacturer. Probably not Bridgestone unless they were to blame and sorted out the problem in manufacture.

Good luck, Bill

Suspect all these would do is just refer you to dealer to begin with anyway and try and act as go between between customer and dealer :

http://www.ford.co.uk/Footer/ContactUs

• Like 1

Without advertising names, which I assume is not ok on this site :

Has anyone bought or had fitted "cabin quieter" kits ?

Any good and worth doing I wonder?

Full kit for cabin might be in region of from £300 for diy kit + maybe £100 fitted. Which seems a lot and wonder if they would sell part kit of clever sound proofing material to concentrate on tyre noise ?

If they did that at the factory from new and it worked I would have paid it without a doubt with hindsight.

4x4's did get a mention on one site of kits but price not yet really considered.

Bill

• Like 1

Feel free to name company's or link them etc.

Here is a link to a guy who has sound proofed his focus,

He may be able to advise you on a supplier of quality kit, and I suggest a Haynes manual to show you how to remove the panels correctly etc.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/44150-guide-to-complete-stereo-installation-focus-mk2

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club