Do Not Sell My Personal Information

severe electrical problem

runnerman

My 57 Titanium X 1.8TDCI had to be towed to garage last night cos immobiliser activated. I stopped because the ABS, EPS and handbrake warning lights came on and speedo and fell to zero whilst in motion. Three weeks ago Ford garage investigated intermittant constant illumination of ESP warning light but concluded nothing was/is wrong despite ordering but then not fitting a new sensor (computer said it had fixed itself, yeah right!) Green Flag initaially thought duff battery in remote but even spare wouldn't work. Anyone suffered similar? PS, I don't think A/C is working either!

My 57 Titanium X 1.8TDCI had to be towed to garage last night cos immobiliser activated. I stopped because the ABS, EPS and handbrake warning lights came on and speedo and fell to zero whilst in motion. Three weeks ago Ford garage investigated intermittant constant illumination of ESP warning light but concluded nothing was/is wrong despite ordering but then not fitting a new sensor (computer said it had fixed itself, yeah right!) Green Flag initaially thought duff battery in remote but even spare wouldn't work. Anyone suffered similar? PS, I don't think A/C is working either!

take it back if it's still under warranty and tell the sods to fix it , you do have rights as a consumer.

It's been diagnosed today - main ECU to be replaced once it arrives from Dagenham! Main reason for my post - I've only had this thing 6 weeks and wouldn't expect such a major failure on a vehicle with 12,000 on clock, wondered if this is common.

As with all electrical components you get faulty ones. At least they are rectifying it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
oooh sorry guys ...........

update - 2 weeks later and still off road waiting for ECU from Germany. Efficient eh!