Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Half Leather St Seats In A Lower Spec Car

Fiesta1.25

Hi all just looking for a few opinions from the knowledgable fiesta owners in the world of the FOC.

I'm thinking about upgrading my little basic seats to the half leathers from an ST (mk6) like these.... F36861F0-E920-4525-A28F-05D97395760F-943

What I'd like to know is it frowned upon if I fit ones with the ST badge just that the ones without the badges don't come along as often.

Just so we're clear, I'm in no way shape or form trying to "pretend I have an ST" I would just like to upgrade my interior, that's all.

Thanks in advance for any comments.... Good or bad, but honesty is a must :-)

Cheers

like the style but i wouldn't get ST ones, its like when people get the nurburgring sticker and have never been.

why not get your seats reupholstered and have (ford) instead of st???

this is just my opinion

• Like 2

Cheers for the comment ollie, and I think the same as you, especially with the nurburgring sticker (grrrrrrr lol) I'm trying to locate and buy the seats on a budget and I think it'd be expensive to reupholster, is the badge part of the main skin or is it just stitched or bonded on? Or do you think its possible just to reupholster the little section the badge is on?

I'm assuming you could reupholster the section which the st sits in (but as it would be a new material it would stick out)

Yeah that's true, I reckon I could live with that more than the ST badge,.... It is for an 8 year old car so doesn't really have to be perfect.

Sweet :) once you've done it upload some pictures would be interesting to see

The black ones look minted dan, and if I was more flush with cash I might have made a few bids on them, but I have a "tonight only" chance of half leather with blue inserts for 150.... Can't walk away from that offer

Full leather does look really nice ;) why not wait a little while?

How much does a decent set of full leathers go for?

I feel torn ollies lol as this offer(£150) is only on the table tonight, tomorrow they will go back up to £250 :-/

Would have a clue on price but they will look stunning

Your call :)

I have a black interior and my car is blue so the half leather will go but so will the full black:-/ I dunno what to do lol

Half leather get it over and done with and when you have the money fill the inserts with leather?

I looked into reupholstering the whole of my Fiesta interior to a full leather and got quoted $2300, 1300pounds (keep in mind im in Australia) and then I asked what if i did part leather, and the gentleman told me there isn't much difference in cost because they still need to unstitch the whole seat to get the centre part out and then restitch all of it. Your paying for man hours

I have toyed with the idea of ST seats but then remembered the ST is 3dr only and like you thought ST in my car would look silly.

I knew it'd be expensive but didn't think it'd be anywhere near a grand! Think I'll just wait and keep looking for the right set, full or half leather makes no odds to me, just hope to get a set without the ST badge.

Yeah I'd keep saving your money and get the correct seats from the off (if its going to cost that much to reupholster) ouch

Happy hunting