Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Plates

hula89

Ok so I am looking at getting a plate and give up with google to get the answer I want.

Do you need to pay year on year to keep a plate if its on a car?

I know if its not on a car you do but it should always be on a car in theory. I definitely want to go ahead and have even found a plate but if I'm gonna have to pay year on year I'm not going to bother. I also don't know anyone with one to ask and thought this place was a good bet.

Once it's on your car you pay nothing else.

^^This. You only pay to transfer or to keep it on retention (off a car)

Yep that's the sort of stuff people were telling me so I was thinking I went from a 150 tax car to get diesels that were 30/20 to tax and didn't wanna be paying it out each year to have a plate.

So am I right in thinking that if a plate is listed at say £250 on the dvla site then that will include assigning it to my car?

On the dvla website it includes the assigning fee, so no hidden costs. So 250 is what you pay. Other sites (not dvla) do it differently.

The £250 fee gets you everything you need except the actual physical plates which you will have to get made up once you get the paperwork from DVLA. Of course you will need to go to a DVLA office if you can still find one nearby to get a new tax disc and MOT but no costs for that.

Go for it I want one but need to wait for a "special" birthday! For some reason the missus wont get me this one, can't think why.

Private Plate?

I wanted F13 STA before I got mine but suprisingly it was more than £250.

BTW if anyone has £9995 lying around regtansfers have F13 STA for sale. I'm sure there are many of us on here who would like it.

BTW if anyone has £9995 lying around regtansfers have F13 STA for sale. I'm sure there are many of us on here who would like it.

Let me just check my pockets.....oh damn not quite enough!

Just a way of getting money out of you. It's 80 quid to transfer it from car to car. :angry:

TBH I can see why they charge to transfer a registration(although 80 quid is a LOT of money for hitting a few keys on a computer) but £150 for retaining it for 3 years? What are they actually doing for the money? Polishing silver copies of the plate every month?

I always wanted T11RVY :)

you think thats bad i'd need to mortgage my parents house just to buy my name! N4NAK, N44NAK and N444NAK all cost £175,000 :blink: and they are ALL available! there is another number id like but it doesnt exist :(

All DVLA offices are being closed down by the end of the year.

Peoples vanity is why they charge so much.

There are some daft prices there its like as soon as you go down from 3 numbers on the old style the minimum is £399. Irritating.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club