Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bit Of Friendly Advice Needed Please Guys & Irls

swhite87

having just inherited a caravan from the in-laws i am going to be changing to a bigger car to tow with,

i currently have a mk1 focus tddi which used to tow my trailer just fine full of camping gear (plus the entire contents of the wardrobe for the better half lol) that was until the shaft decided to break up and chew half the gearbox at the same time :angry:

thinking of going for a mk3 2.o tdci mondeo salloon or estate but can't seem to find out what they are like to tow with,

any knowledge would be very much appreciated

AFAIK the 2.0 tdci is a great engine to tow with.

I have never done any personally but found loads of praise from caravan sites when looking for reviews on my 2.0 tdci focus before I bought it.

Certainly from what I have read the 2.0 mondeo is an excellent choice of towing vehicle, its got the grunt and the torque to offer a pleasant towing experience!

It's also a heavy car which provides you with a safer towing combination

From what I've heard the 2.0 tdci is a good engine for it as the other guys have suggested.

It's only slightly less powerful than my 2.2 really (25bhp ish), although I dont know what the difference in torque will be. I towed a mk2 focus with the handbrake on and didn't notice.

I'd say go for it

• 4 weeks later...

a massive thanks for all the advice guys,

i finally bit the bullet yesterday and bought a 2004 Mondeo MK3 tdci 130, 6 speed hatchback, and so far have driven about 150 miles and cannot fault it atall, the towbar is on order and judging by how it pulls uphill in 6th i should have no problems.

thanks again

which i would have seen this sooner.

I have a ford mondeo 2.0 estate.

Its 10 years old.

Towed trailers and caravans at least 5 days a week.

done over 170,000 miles.

cracking car.

good choice.

it towes like a dream.

Just dont do what i did and smash the trailer into the car whilst trying to do a 3 point turn :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club