Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Dropped A Screw Into Engine Bay.... :(

exponential

Hi guys.

I was installing new lights into the cluster and thought I would take a look at the condition of the air filter.

I unscrewed all four bolts and I mustve unscrewed the one on the front left (as you look at the engine) too much and it dropped into the engine bay right next to the radiator fan...

I heard it hit something plastic so I assumed it would be rasting on the undertray but alas no...

Shone a torch all over to see if I could see it but no joy. :(

I'm REALLY concerned that it has gone into the radiator fan and I dont want to start the car for obvious reasons!

Such a schoolboy error and i'm gutted....

Is it just a case of turn the engine over and see?

Mike.

i dropped one of the return pipe clips for the injectors, couldnt find it so i just started it and forgot about it. have you taken the undertray off? it might be easier to find it from under there. i also dropped a a phillips head bit for my rachet around the same area and i found it lying on the tray.

I'm pretty sure the car will start as normal.

Pretty unlucky if not !

Me? I'd start it.

i dropped one of the return pipe clips for the injectors, couldnt find it so i just started it and forgot about it. have you taken the undertray off? it might be easier to find it from under there. i also dropped a a phillips head bit for my rachet around the same area and i found it lying on the tray.

Im sure it will start to but theres always that doubt! :0

Ive taken the undertray off yeah but no luck.....

Im just gonna have to start it up and see eh.....

agree'd, if it has fallen into the radiator housing, when the radiator kicks in it will chip the screw out and probably forward then it will fall into the undertray. Alternatively, get yourself a strong magnet, lay underneath and run the magnet around all the hoses, and housings, you might get stuck to a few pipes, but you will get the screw if its laying loose!

• Like 3

agree'd, if it has fallen into the radiator housing, when the radiator kicks in it will chip the screw out and probably forward then it will fall into the undertray. Alternatively, get yourself a strong magnet, lay underneath and run the magnet around all the hoses, and housings, you might get stuck to a few pipes, but you will get the screw if its laying loose!

get a magnetic pick up tool - well worth the few quid!

• Like 2

Definate purchase.... essential really for cack handed friggers like myself!! :D

This! say no more! mine has a light on it and extends to 1 meter, the light stopped working but the rest is perfect. I don't use it often but when i do it's priceless

• Like 1

This! say no more! mine has a light on it and extends to 1 meter, the light stopped working but the rest is perfect. I don't use it often but when i do it's priceless

Snap!

• Like 1

Need to get me one of these then!!! :)

Time to go on e-bay again I reckon......

I got a magnetic pick up tool for when I work on PC's, it extends to 1.5 metres but I never really needed it in the car. I find that I cant really get the damn thing into any crevices so I am better off removing the road noise deflector and just work from there!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club