Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Focus Petrol 2008

Richdot

100bhp engine. it just seems noisey on start up sounds like a 8v lol. not sure if its tappets or injectors...

Are they known for noisey engines these 1.6 100bhp ones?

from what i know they arent the quitest of engines maybe it needs an oil flush and some new oil in it? usually they sound quiet due to the underbonnet sound deadening and the engine undertray

Yeah mine too is a bit unrefined when i start her up, bit noisy for the first few hundred yards, then it quietens up and all is pretty silent. Mine was serviced before i purchased the car 3 months ago, so i'm guessing it doesnt need an oil change yet, but the garage may have used some cheap crappy oil.

I have always thought the noisy startup was down the the exhaust but might just be a noisy duratec engine

Probably gonna put some Castrol magnatec in next as it has more protection on start-up, so should run better.

from what i know they arent the quitest of engines maybe it needs an oil flush and some new oil in it? usually they sound quiet due to the underbonnet sound deadening and the engine undertray

My car didnt come with a engine cover although it does have the holes for one to be put in place.

I have had a full service replaced everything. What I did see on the ford service on the previous invoices they had been putting in 5-30 semi synthetic oil. I have put in fully synthetic ford carlube oil in, I doubt that has anything to do with it?

pretty sure the focus uses fully synthetic oil mate mine does and im sure all the engines do

pretty sure the focus uses fully synthetic oil mate mine does and im sure all the engines do

That's it then just how they are by the sounds of it

http://www.lucasoil.co.uk/products.php?page=products&subpage=product&product=12

At work we have started stocking lucas oil stuff.... its reguarded very highly throughout the trade... mostly because its American.... got to say what it does on the tin or they get sued to death.... what about the product above in the link?

These products are rubbish they change the molecular make up of oil making it thicker it may be regarded in the trade but owners dont rate it and using it in the past neither do i a good oil such as Shell helix which ford recommend for older worn in engines does its job without additives as does Castrol if you change the way an oil behaves you change how it works most of its a load of marketing rubbish ford do not recommend the use or need of oil additives