Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Stereo Bluetooth Audio Muted After Bt Turned Off

wackyracer8

Hi, how can i know what looks like a Sony generation 3 about firmware and year.?? 

Tks

• 2 years later...

Hi, 

I realise this forum topic has been inactive for a few years but hoping someone found a solution. The wife has a 2011 Kuga Titanium, the battery needed replacing and when it came back from the garage we entered the radio code and the dreaded "Audio Muted" screen appeared when we tried to make a call. The phone connects to the bluetooth module fine, we just can't get past the audio muted showing on the headset. I've de-bonded from the phone and re-bonded, the headset gives us the pin to enter and it connects fine. The headset menu shows no options for bluetooth or phone. I've tried pulling fuses, doing the soft reset by holding the headset power button and even updating (successfully) the unit's firmware via the USB port. But still no joy.

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

• 5 months later...

Hi

I bevieve i solve the problem .

Connect your mobile device via bt ,start your favorite music and then go to CD/AUX, Press the same button until you get the message BT audio.

Enjoy the music

• 2 months later...

This is an old thread, but I have the same issue. just bought a new (to me) Focus mk2 on a 57 plate and the same issue persists. 

So far i've tried taking the radio fuse out, then putting it back... no luck. I'm next thinking about disconnecting the battery for 20 mins, and see if that works. Thankfully I have the radio code.

disconnected the battery, left it 20 mins.... reconnected it. no cigar!

• 4 months later...

my daughter in law has just brought a 2010 plate Ford Focus and is having problems with the bluetooth connection it’s coming up muted does anyone have any ideas 

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2015 at 9:55 PM, chw1 said:

Hi blokes, I have been following the post's about cd player's and Bluetooth I have a focus 2007 Ghia , I have just removed the sony stereo (gen 1) and replaced it with a sony (gen2) because I was told I could use my phone with the gen2 (it has the buttons red&green) but when I fitted the unit and went to set my phone to it it just came up on the screen bit ...phone muted....I have taken out my glove box to reset the command box but there is not a command box (module) there, and I have had a good look in there but no box ...would it be else where? or does the focus I have 2007 ghia just not have one....there was a big block connector taped to the other wire's .....could some one out there help or give me some advice on this matter...cheers all chris....

Did you ever resolve this? I've just bought a 08 focus and replaced the radio CD player with a dab one, but phone function doesn't work and the phone buttons just mute the radio

• 4 months later...

I have the solution!

Forget everything you've read about unplugging the battery, fuses, module, broken module.  I found this off some other useful chap on the internet somewhere:

With your phone connected, press the source/Aux button (second from top on left).  Cycle thru sources, till you see your phone.  Wait. and that IT!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club