Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 Bumper Skirt

leeglasby

HI, Newbie here on the forum and with a Ford Focus.

Decided after 38 years of being on this earth to go for a Ford Focus. Glad I did!!!

Now i'm wanting to add a S style bumper skirt to my normal Zetec rear. Can this be done?

Any help would be great.

post-46523-0-82793300-1378221388_thumb.j

Zetec to Zetec S I believe is a straight swap :)

Presuming that you get one from the same MK of course!

Either or to be honest as far as I know it can be done either way :)

Do you know of anybody with a guide to this or some experience on doing this kind of swop?

• Like 1

hi there,
if you purchase just the rear skirt then it fits straight over the existing bumper all you would need is the fixing rivets and some glue :)

or you could buy a bumper with the skirt attached but you don't need to do that as you already have a bumper... which would then mean you would have a spare bumper nocking around...

you need one that is this shape

post-42643-0-33182500-1378224898_thumb.j

not these ones that the chinese sell on eBay.. these are just replica look alikes that don't have the skirt that goes round they just sit underneath.

post-42643-0-26343100-1378224983_thumb.j

many have said to NOT go for the fibre glass ones to go for then genuine ford plastic ones ! they cost a bit more but worth it :)

i have paid for a second hand one and am going to refurbish it ..

hope this helps

p.s now you have joined this site it wont just end with a rear skirt ;) just warning you ... hehe

I fitted the lower skirt it's just clips and tiger sealer got mine on eBay brand new for 50 quid.

• Like 2

I fitted the lower skirt it's just clips and tiger sealer got mine on eBay brand new for 50 quid.

blimmin bargain how did you manage that one ! LOL

i just got mine second hand and got £20 off but still paid £120 lol !!!! DaMN

Keep well away from the fibre glass zs kit my mate got one and it fits s*+t and looked a mess after putting. The front skirt on he never bothered with the rest and ended up buying genuine skirts and rear.he now has the st bumper on the front.

• Like 1

The kid had it collection only so in boxed him gave him a sob story and he did a buy it now 50 and I paid a tenner collection through work.:-D

The kid had it collection only so in boxed him gave him a sob story and he did a buy it now 50 and I paid a tenner collection through work.:-D

thats brilliant LOL

nice one... your car looks puckaa mate..

That's great advice, I was going to go for the ones on eBay without the extra skirt bits that sweep under.

Now to find one, they seem to be like rocking horse dung, I can only find the Chinese ones.

• Like 1

Do you know of anybody with a guide to this or some experience on doing this kind of swop?

See my guide linked in the list below and also on my profile for fitting zetecS rear diffuser and front lip

• Like 1

That's great advice, I was going to go for the ones on ebay without the extra skirt bits that sweep under.

Now to find one, they seem to be like rocking horse dung, I can only find the Chinese ones.

yeah your not wrong there sorry i think i got the last one that was on eBay :P sorry ;)

yeah i wouldn't go for the ones that sweep under.. it wouldn't have the same sporty look.

see if you can tell what i mean ...

post-42643-0-99386800-1378227139_thumb.j

post-42643-0-35865200-1378227476_thumb.j

i do know that these sellers put the bumpers on for sooo cheap hence their name i guess... but its a waiting game for when they would put what you want on..

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/firstchoicebumpers2010&ssPageName=STRK:MEFSX:SELLERID&_trksid=p3984.m1543.l2533

• Like 1

Thanks there is only the lowering to do but been looking at the st and rs just trying to convince the wife of the benefits of either model.

• Like 2

In reference to Oliverb post. Has anyone purchased one of the eBay chinese ones? What do they actually look like, has anybody got any pics of their skirts?

So yes i'm asking for some up skirt shots :rolleyes:

• Like 2

In reference to Oliverb post. Has anyone purchased one of the ebay chinese ones? What do they actually look like, has anybody got any pics of their skirts?

So yes i'm asking for some up skirt shots :rolleyes:

lol!

Just noticed that there is a difference in the bumper of an Zetec than a Zetec S. There is a lip where the diffuser is and the bumper starts. On the Zetec there isn't a lip at all. So how would you fit a diffuser to a Zetec?

sounds like you have the same prob as me. i have the titanium on a 2008, and i had to cancel my rear valance due to the fact my bumper was a all in one.... so i think my option is to buy the complete rear bumper and sell mine.... if i did i would want at least 130 for my back bumper as its only a month old brand new from ford....

After looking at a ton if pics and comparing them I've noticed that the lip on the diffuser is the same colour if the vehicle leading to me thinking that it was part of the bumper itself. When in fact it may be the diffuser that has the lip and that part has been sprayed the same colour as the vehicle.

Can anybody with a rear diffuser verify this?

Just noticed that there is a difference in the bumper of an Zetec than a Zetec S. There is a lip where the diffuser is and the bumper starts. On the Zetec there isn't a lip at all. So how would you fit a diffuser to a Zetec?

See here for genuine ford focus zetecs rear diffuser skirt fitting guide.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/32649-focus-zetec-s-rear-skirt-diffuser-fitting-guide-pdf/?p=255361

sounds like you have the same prob as me. i have the titanium on a 2008, and i had to cancel my rear valance due to the fact my bumper was a all in one.... so i think my option is to buy the complete rear bumper and sell mine.... if i did i would want at least 130 for my back bumper as its only a month old brand new from ford....

No need to do that mate please see below,

After looking at a ton if pics and comparing them I've noticed that the lip on the diffuser is the same colour if the vehicle leading to me thinking that it was part of the bumper itself. When in fact it may be the diffuser that has the lip and that part has been sprayed the same colour as the vehicle.

Can anybody with a rear diffuser verify this?

Hi guys,

The zetecS kit fits on the the standard focus bumpers from 2008-2011

The extra lip on the rear bumper is part of the diffuser section all bonds to the bumper,

You then have it sprayed in two colours which makes it appear to be two desperate parts,

Here's some info on the kit fitted

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/33147-focus-zetec-s-kit-fitted/

And see my signature here for a link to fitting guides for front lip and rear diffuser, both searchable by Google too.

No need to remove your existing bumpers to fit neither,

The fit directly on to the car in its current state,

However it is worth noting; the front lip from ford for the zetecS is around 40 pounds more expensive than a full ST bumper from ford,

Same goes for the rear diffuser, so if purchasing new from parts from ford take the time to think which model you prefer,

The side skirts differ for 3 door and 5 door but the style of the side skirts is the same for both ZetecS and ST

If you choose ST then you can also make some money back on selling front & rear bumper plus grills,

But if you have fog surround drl's you will lose them when fitting ST front bumper.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club