Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Panels Plastic Mould Things

mehekal

Hey

sorry I don't really know what im on about.

I have the Fiesta mk 6. zetec blue 5 door.

the door panel on the back right door is peeling off, im just wondering if anyone knows if they are stuck on by adhesive or with clips too???

cheers

Hi mike welcome to the forum, :-)

When you say the door panel, do you mean the inner door card? The part that your window winder, handle and speaker are attached to?

Ah ok the door mouldings are stuck on with double sides foam tape, there are also locating tabs on but no clips. I changed my ones a couple of weeks ago to the facelifted ones to colour code them.... I basically just pulled them off then used bird lime and tar remover to get rid of the excess tape. Here's a picrure of what was under my front ones......

961A8187-4F2E-4C02-ABD2-E8D6C1BB8F9B-427

That part is for the vertical piece of trim on the doors willy, I think mike is looking for the horizontal door bump mouldings.... http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_facelift_5dr_rh_rear_door_moulding_f_1536981_c_118.htm

If your door mouldings are colour coded, you will have to buy the primed version.

That part is for the vertical piece of trim on the doors willy, I think mike is looking for the horizontal door bump mouldings.... http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_facelift_5dr_rh_rear_door_moulding_f_1536981_c_118.htm

If your door mouldings are colour coded, you will have to buy the primed version.

Yeah thought so. Just going on past experience as the door panels are always falling off ;)

Lol yeah I have heard the panels you are talking about have a tendency to fall off, I have been lucky so far :-)

When my outside door trim started to come off I just got some super glue, stuck it down with a clamp and left the car in the garage overnight (for safety as I had to keep the window down) and haven't had a problem since :)

Ah ok the door mouldings are stuck on with double sides foam tape, there are also locating tabs on but no clips. I changed my ones a couple of weeks ago to the facelifted ones to colour code them....

Sorry to hi-jack your post mehekal but Fiesta1.25 where did you get your colour coded trim from? Ive been wanting to change mine (as well as wing mirrors) to colour coded ones but havent found any

Hi hjalle..... Well done with the success of your super gluing :-)

I bought my colour coded trim off eBay, they were white when I bought them, so sanded them right back to the plastic,then primered, painted and lacquered them using rattle cans, the finish turned out great(even if I do say so myself) I have just primered and painted my mirror covers(they were panther black when I bought them from eBay) here's a pic before lacquer.....

6521373A-ADD3-4FA7-83CA-CE32CC67C284-564

Thanks everyone

couldnt decide if I should just take them all off or just try and fix this one

its so annoying. Everytime I forget to tell people dont use the back right door I hear it pop and its peeled more. The bit that is hanging off just looks like glue/sticky stuff but if theres a track and holes im guessin will be a pain to fix

Thanks everyone

couldnt decide if I should just take them all off or just try and fix this one

its so annoying. Everytime I forget to tell people dont use the back right door I hear it pop and its peeled more. The bit that is hanging off just looks like glue/sticky stuff but if theres a track and holes im guessin will be a pain to fix

Go to a breakers yard and pick up the bit of trim you need, its dead simple to remove.... (Is your part the same colour as your car) if not then it'll be a 30 minute job at the most... Most time consuming part is removing the old excess trim tape(sticky stuff) a tiny amount if white spirit in a cloth will speed things along.

You will need to remove all traces from both the bodywork of your car and the new(used) trim piece (assuming you buy a used part from car breakers yard) then I think halfrauds sell double sided trim tape, put the tape onto your new trim, then line up the tabs to the corresponding locating holes in your car, then press on...... Job done :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club