Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk7.5 Zs Headlight Bulbs

Dave-2912

When I first got my previous mk7 I was so unimpressed with the headlights I almost instantly upgraded the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Power. I believe these were H7 fitment and made a hell of a difference!!!

Before fitting: http://img18.imagesh...6/photo251z.jpg

After fitting: http://img213.images...04/photo255.jpg

With the arrival of my mk7.5 now looming I was considering buying bulbs again but I saw in one of the pinned topics of the forum http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/40923-fiesta-bulbs-list/ the headlight bulb is now an H15 fitment to accommodate the DRL aspect of the ZS.

It seems that upgraded H15 bulbs are like hens teeth, so can anyone confirm the OEM headlight bulbs are decent this time? Or even better, provide a link to some upgraded H15 bulbs?

I've been spoiled with factory fit HIDs too often... Cheers guys.

Edit: Before anyone suggests it, I'm not interested in fitting aftermarket HIDs.

Also, when I say upgraded I just mean brighter. Not really bothered about making the headlights 'whiter' or anything.

You can get the mk7.5 with LED DRL projector headlights instead of the halogen DRL version. They look alot better id go for thsm personally because youll be very lucky to find uprated h15 bulbs

post-37948-0-07095500-1378592364_thumb.j

Unfortunately, the LED one's are £195. Each.

Slightly rains on the parade :P

The H15's aren't too bad, although my gripe is sometimes it's not easy to tell between the DRL and main beam in direct sunlight for flashing.

You can get the mk7.5 with LED DRL projector headlights instead of the halogen DRL version. They look alot better id go for thsm personally because youll be very lucky to find uprated h15 bulbs

attachicon.gif625716_New-Ford-Fiesta-02.jpg

I agree they look a bit better but the ZS I have ordered doesn't come with them. I have briefly looked into buying the LED type of headlight but as far as I'm concerned, its prohibitively expensive...

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1469/language/en

I'm not that fussed about improving the styling, just increasing the light output, so this is far more than I would want to spend.

Fair enough to be honest the H15 arent too bad you can see them fairly well from other cars etc in the brightest sunlight :)

The H15's aren't too bad...

Not exactly a rave review... lol. Thanks though Dave.

Whatever they're like, it looks like we're pretty much stuck with them.

The dipped beam are still h7 fitment so can still be upgraded to Philips etc, it's only the drl/main beam used for flashing etc that are h15. Hopefully they'll bring an upgrade bulb out now there used more widely.

• Like 2

Ford are using alot of weird bulbs lately, the HID bulbs on the new Focus ST3 are osram D8S mercury free energy efficient bulbs which apparently give out only slightly less light than standard HIDs but going by alot of ST3 owners opinions they arent great and as yet there is no uprated versions of the bulb available either

The dipped beam are still h7 fitment so can still be upgraded to Philips etc, it's only the drl/main beam used for flashing etc that are h15. Hopefully they'll bring an upgrade bulb out now there used more widely.

Ah ha! Now that is good news. In my previous mk7 I always found the full beams to be fine. Its the dipped beams that were lacking.

If this is correct I'll be getting myself some phillips xtreme vision bulbs.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-xtreme-vision-h7-car-headlight-bulbs

Cant rate the predecesors to these highly enough, so the latest ones should be excellent.

If I'm honest there not that bad for standard, but I haven't tried the bulbs you've linked or any like it (can't bring myself to pay £30 for bulbs), so I use aftermarket xenons which work quite well and aren't blinding to other drivers due to the headlights having a lense effect.

Obviously it's down to personal preference though

Just hope they bring a h15 uprgade out so I can get rid of the only yellow part of my headlights :(

I was impressed by the original bulbs, despite having them in for 20 minutes from delivery, swapped for HID's :P

They are indeed an H7, H11 in the fog's too.

I would like an LED option for the H15, with HID's and CREE sidelights, I'm not so raving about yellow DRL's.

An upgrade h15 bulb with hid/led sidelight would be perfect b1g_dav3. Hope someone hurrys up and develops it. But the drl part would have to be quite bright like the standard bulb.

Tryed them blue covers (worst £15 ever spent). They are disgraceful.

I think autobulbs are developing a h15 upgrade at the moment. There is another topic/ discussion on here about it. I looked into buying the units they use for the titaniums and st's but as mentioned 195 for 1 and also they are not plug and play, ford need to programme them to work on the zs

An upgrade h15 bulb with hid/led sidelight would be perfect b1g_dav3. Hope someone hurrys up and develops it. But the drl part would have to be quite bright like the standard bulb.

Tryed them blue covers (worst £15 ever spent). They are disgraceful.

Lol, reports of them cracking under heat too. A CREE chip would most likely be bright enough in the right casing.

Can imagine, quite brittle. Thankfully they are now in the bin Hahaa. Yeh suppose so, hopefully someone designs and produces it soon.

P.s might be a weird question and off topic Hahaa but is your car a 13 reg and end in vxr ? I saw a FOC stickered white zs in urmston on Friday :)

Not me, close, but not me :P

Mine ends in XVR :P though I was around the Trafford Centre if that's classed as Urmston.

Yeh it was you then Hahaa, I must of mis read it. It was getting on the m60 at the trafford centre, I was on my way home and seen you next to me on the slip road :)

• 1 year later...

When I first got my previous mk7 I was so unimpressed with the headlights I almost instantly upgraded the bulbs to Philips Xtreme Power. I believe these were H7 fitment and made a hell of a difference!!!

Before fitting: http://img18.imagesh...6/photo251z.jpg

After fitting: http://img213.images...04/photo255.jpg

With the arrival of my mk7.5 now looming I was considering buying bulbs again but I saw in one of the pinned topics of the forum http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/40923-fiesta-bulbs-list/ the headlight bulb is now an H15 fitment to accommodate the DRL aspect of the ZS.

It seems that upgraded H15 bulbs are like hens teeth, so can anyone confirm the OEM headlight bulbs are decent this time? Or even better, provide a link to some upgraded H15 bulbs?

I've been spoiled with factory fit HIDs too often... Cheers guys.

Edit: Before anyone suggests it, I'm not interested in fitting aftermarket HIDs.

Also, when I say upgraded I just mean brighter. Not really bothered about making the headlights 'whiter' or anything.

Any possibility you can repost the before and after images of your H7 bulb upgrade? those links dont work :)

Cheers