Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine/gearbox Compatibility?

Jamie Gwilliam

Hi. So ive got a 1.8 mk1 focus zetec. The bottom end is rattling, hence; knackered. However, im looking to do an engine change. I've spotted a mint 2.0 automatic engine. Question is, will this fit straight up to my manual gearbox and is there any ACTUAL difference between a manual engine and this one that i need to be aware of? All help welcome.

2 completely different gearboxes that dont interchange you need a b5 gearbox from 1999-2004 for youre car engine wise they would fit if you get the gearbox and engine complete but use totally different set ups and ecus youde need the auto engine and gearbox with all accessories and wiring and the ecu which means reprogramming of keys a new dash cluster for the automatic pedals removed etc etc etc a massive job so easy answer is replace like for like you need a blacktop zetec engine in 1.8 form as the 1.6 is a totally different layout

Let me clear this up a little. My 1.8 is a manual. The 2.0 was automatic. Without its origianal automatic gearbox which i dont want, will the 2.0 fit my gearbox. Ps, keeping same ecu aswell. ie, whereas it normally fits the auto box, will it also bolt up to my manual one.

they wont fit the 2.0 is an mtx75 box the 1.8 uses the ib5 gearbox 2 totally different units and since the 2.0 is set up for an auto box it wont work ie gearing flywheel etc will all be wrong

• 4 weeks later...