Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Asian Grill

graememcw

Hi guys, so new member and all that but have been reading for a long time.

Last night I was browsing eBay, and came across an asian grill priced at £900 odd, with a best offer, so I thought I might aswell cheese it and offer £30 ( always start low) knowing that they usually sell for around £50.. Or at least, that's the cheapest I've sentence them.

So I wake up this morning to find a nice email telling me my offer has been accepted. £30 delivered for a new asian sport grill, NICE :).

My fez is a pre facelift frozen white which I have only had a month.

I have some primer from Halfords that I used for my old car. Will that be fine for the inserts to do them white, and some frozen white from there too?

• Like 1

Yh just make sure you sandpaper them, doing mine vision blue atm to go with the car :)

Make sure you really go at it and rub them down, then use a little primer filler on them, and rub back down. Then normal primer, paint, clear coat and some nice wax :P

• Like 1

£900!! Really?

I noticed that but assumed it was a typo for £90.

OP, be sure to post up some pics when you are done :)

I noticed that but assumed it was a typo for £90.

OP, be sure to post up some pics when you are done :)

Nah. The price was £931 odds. Dunno wether it was a typo on their part from currency conversion or something maybe?

Anyways, I still got it for £30 so no complaints from me, although I thought I was pushing it at £30. Wish I had chanced it at £25 now.

Shipping is free but could take a few weeks, I might see if he could do a speedier shipping and pay the difference, depending on cost.

Shall certainly post some pictures. Might show the WIP too haha.

Edit: the seller has put the item back up, at a much less extortionate price of £32, if anyone else is looking for one. Item still has the best offer on, so you may get it even cheaper.

I've tried it with £25, but was not accepted, final agreed amount was £28 ;)

Paid £8 for mine :p

You just did to my parade, what birds love doing to my car...

Also, has anyone who has the chrome trim around the grill, and along the windows installed this grill? Does the chrome go back or what?

Still waiting on delivery, 5 days ago when tracking was last updated it was in Germany.

Im not sure about the chrome you might beable to have a go at it when you get it, im sure someone has done it tho wide world and that. Mine toke a while too

So, my grill arrived today, not too bad on delivery time really, given that it came from Poland, via Germany and there was a long weekend bank holiday in the middle (dunno if that would affect delivery). So I went to Halfords and purchased my frozen white paint, had all the re st from a project on an old car so I shall set to work today getting the inserts painted.

Being honest, I have not actually opened the box yet and looked t it, are the inserts easy to remove?

Edit: so it seems the inserts are really easy to remove, just 4 small clips holding them in.

I have sanded them down, and applied an initial light coat of primer. I plan on applying another couple of coats, then lightly sanding it down again and applying another coat or two before starting with paint. Shame today is my last day off this week, a least I have an afternoon off in a couple of days. At least I know each coat will be dry haha

This is the inserts, the one on the bottom is sanded down, the top is untouched:

post-33932-0-69064800-1379424347_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

So finally I have managed to get the inserts finished, and get the grill on the car. Very happy with the result :D

In answer to my question, no the chrome is not transferable. There is actually a different grille with cars that have chrome, as it has extra tabs and holes to hold the chrome on. I can show pictures if you want.

post-33932-0-96430400-1380206344_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

So finally I have managed to get the inserts finished, and get the grill on the car. Very happy with the result :D

In answer to my question, no the chrome is not transferable. There is actually a different grille with cars that have chrome, as it has extra tabs and holes to hold the chrome on. I can show pictures if you want.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

that sir, looks marvellous. bravo.

reference the grill with chrome do you still have the pictures? i have a chrome insert, and looking at getting an asian grill...

many thanks.

Looks good fellow asian grille member! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have fitted the Asian grill 2 :-D

I want to get it sprayed gloss black and then the silver inserts sprayed white any tips how or where to get it done thanks

Sent from my C6603 using Ford OC mobile app

just google your local sprayers, I'm looking to get mine done :) might try it my self what could go wrong lol haha :D

• 8 months later...

So, my grill arrived today, not too bad on delivery time really, given that it came from Poland, via Germany and there was a long weekend bank holiday in the middle (dunno if that would affect delivery). So I went to halfords and purchased my frozen white paint, had all the re st from a project on an old car so I shall set to work today getting the inserts painted.

Being honest, I have not actually opened the box yet and looked t it, are the inserts easy to remove?

Edit: so it seems the inserts are really easy to remove, just 4 small clips holding them in.

I have sanded them down, and applied an initial light coat of primer. I plan on applying another couple of coats, then lightly sanding it down again and applying another coat or two before starting with paint. Shame today is my last day off this week, a least I have an afternoon off in a couple of days. At least I know each coat will be dry haha

This is the inserts, the one on the bottom is sanded down, the top is untouched:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

oo thats handy id asked on another thread if these came out or not, def will make life easier, just need to look for some DLR's to fit.......

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club