Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conversion of RHD adaptive headlights for driving in Europe

davesy

Hi All. Can anyone advise if there is a way of temporarily converting the adaptive style headlights on my 07 S-max 2.5t with x pack. I live in the U.K and am planning atrip to mainland Europe where I may have to drive at night. I know you can get the stick on external masks but I am unsure if this will work with adaptive headlights. I did read something about a way of temporarliy changing reversing the beam but am unsure if this can be done DIY. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

on the xenon headlights there is a switch under the bulb/ light covers to swop the beam patten to europe, might be worth a look for the same on yours.

on the xenon headlights there is a switch under the bulb/ light covers to swop the beam patten to europe, might be worth a look for the same on yours.

I am sorry, there is no switch on the smax headlights. As for converters yes, they exist.

Have a look at the last post in newbie questions topic I have posted a link there.

See if this worksSmax_hlamp_conversion.htm

True this is the way to do it...make sure you do two templates though, one white, one black on each side, black will go over the white, this will prevent a heat build up on your plastic lense which will melt and distort (iam taking about the headlight actally melting here)if you just fit the black!

As you all know black absorbs the heat.....i have tried this process and it works!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I have a similar problem. I am moving to Germany for a while and would like to convert my 56 plate headlights. Would a set of 2010 S max Hlights fit directly onto my car??

• 1 month later...

See if this worksSmax_hlamp_conversion.htm

Hi - I've just come across this post and am concerned that the images shown are symmetrical. Usually I would expect the masking to be the same side on each headlamp rather than the symmetry shown here on these pictures (because you need the block the beams that dip to the left on each headlight). Does this symmetrical masking really work?

• 8 years later...

Just bought a 2016 s max auto 7 seater 150  titanium x pack.

Wanted to check the headlights for driving in Europe.

There are NO switches under the bulbs BUT they can be changed via the engine setting-headlight- LHD or RHD on the steering  wheel.

Bill.

f798a8ce17179095e6d9e78fd4ce3768.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On 6/30/2020 at 12:10 PM, Billfractures said:

Just bought a 2016 s max auto 7 seater 150  titanium x pack.

Wanted to check the headlights for driving in Europe.

There are NO switches under the bulbs BUT they can be changed via the engine setting-headlight- LHD or RHD on the steering  wheel.

Bill.

Hi

On my 2017 S-MAx there is a setting in the onboard tech that allows the setting Adaptive Headlamp in the Information Display.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club