Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Or Best Avoided Antivirus For Android

bt_cav

Hey Guys

Was just wondering what antivirus you use on your Android phones and Tablets....and which ones you recomend and which ones have caused you problems....

And Also whats the safest way to pay for it (unless free of course)

Personally I'd prefer to buy a google gift card and add credit this way rather than handing over my card number to google play store...

I don't.

Being based on Linux you should rarely need Anti-virus. The only times you are potentially at risk is if you load apps directly and not via the Play Store.

Sure there are always risk, but they are usually better plugged by security fixes than AV.

Linux is inherently more secure than Windows due to the user/permission structure it implements.

• Like 1

I too use AVG on my phone, tablet (android) and my windows PC. Never had a virus on any device.

AVG is free as well.

AVG free version works fine on the Nexus 7. No virus in 10 months of use.

cool

do you guys use the free one or the paid one?

Free one :)

I have had android devices for the last 3 years and never had a virus.

Depends what you do with your phone/tablet I guess.

I use norton internet security on my desktop pc...... never know what you might get via emails etc... But I like how Norton tells me if a web page is safe or not... Would like the same on a mobile device..

Ive got norton antivirus on mine and it regularly pics up viruses :)

ive got avg free for phone and pc works fine also, i swear norton makes up stuff to make you think its protecting you it found a virus on a fresh install of windows for me once :D

• Like 1

I used to have Norton on my PC but it was terrible for slowing the system down.

E-mail scanning would crash every day too, stopping me from accessing my mail.

I now use AVG backed up by malwarebytes and no problems.

AVG on your phone and downloading only Play Store apps is sufficient to protect your Android device.

I now use AVG backed up by malwarebytes

Exactly what I use :)

Just downloaded avg and it does seem alot better than norton to be fair

i have avast security on my phone, whith phone jacking, anti theft, firewall, virus/maleware scanning. sms and call filtering... and more...

On my pc i have avg 7.5 full version.... iobit maleware scanner, advanced system care 6, and antispyware remover oh and trojen killer.... all above are full versions not free....

better to be safe than sorry lol

• Like 2

i have avast security on my phone, whith phone jacking, anti theft, firewall, virus/maleware scanning. sms and call filtering... and more...

On my pc i have avg 7.5 full version.... iobit maleware scanner, advanced system care 6, and antispyware remover oh and trojen killer.... all above are full versions not free....

better to be safe than sorry lol

I bet you put loo roll on the seat of public toilets too ;) JK

• Like 4

McAfee and Norton should be burned. They install so much !Removed! it's unbelievable and slow down your computer.

If you have an SSD, go for it you'll never know, otherwise, stick to Windows Defender.

• Like 1

McAfee and Norton should be burned. They install so much !Removed! it's unbelievable and slow down your computer.

If you have an SSD, go for it you'll never know, otherwise, stick to Windows Defender.

Hes after it for android :) lol

Just going off him asking about the McAfee really, it's garbage >.<

stoney how did you know lol. but tbh i do wiipe them and mayb sanitize if they really dirty lol.....

its amazing how much crap a proggy leaves on your computer once you think " you have un-installed it" it still goes deep into ur reg files and further where the self uninstall does not reach..... and tbh NORTON is by far the worst i have come across....

There are programs that remove them though luckily. McAfee came on this laptop, I now have the joys of uninstalling -.-

• Like 1

Never liked the sound of McAfee....it came pre installed my a mates phone from carphone wharehouse...

There are programs that remove them though luckily. McAfee came on this laptop, I now have the joys of uninstalling -.-

For Example...

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club