Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Creaky Clutch And Holes In Roof!

Leoschariot

Hi guys.

Newbie here, picked up my 2007 smax titanium today.

I have a couple of niggles that I hope somebody can help me with.

1. Firstly , there is an annoying creak/squeeking when clutch pedal is depressed. Sounds to me like its something simple? Anybody have any experience of this please

2. The car had roof racks fitted that I asked garage to remove before I collected. They have done this but I now have 4 gaps/ holes in the roof trim where the racks were attached. Am I correct in thinking there should be like 4 caps on these. It's the glass roof model too.

Please guys, any help would be much appreciated

1. There is a TSB article for this to resolve the noise.

2. Yes there should have been the four original blanking plates with the car - ask the previous owner where they are!

Creaking clutch pedal is common especially on Fords. WD 40 or similar sprayed around the Pivot area and into the bulkhead should do the trick.

Ive got to do mine this weekend as that has just started doing it.

Thanks for replies

I've had to go to dealers and buy roof caps as garage I bought car from didn't have them. 20 quid for all four.

I had a quick look at the clutch but not really sure where to spray. Is it up the footwell on the actual pedal mechanism?

Not really sure what you mean by TSB article I'm afraid?

TSB Article = Technical service Bulletin - a set of articles circulated by Ford to the dealer network on how to fix common issues on various models - meaning there is a known fault and a documented resolution for it.

I had the same squeaky clutch pedal on mine when we first bought it, the local Ford dealer fixed it for free following the TSB article but it is somewhat more involved than just spraying WD40.

Oh right - that's very interesting to know

So you think if I take it to dealers they will rectify problem free of charge.

Like you say , it seems more than just a lubricating issue as I've already tried spraying the area.

Oh right - that's very interesting to know

So you think if I take it to dealers they will rectify problem free of charge.

Like you say , it seems more than just a lubricating issue as I've already tried spraying the area.

Shame as other sites suggest it is just a lubricating issue and was rectified with a quick squirt. No harm in trying as my car isn't due to go in till March and its not an issue at the moment.

Good luck with whatever solution you find works.

I too have read lots to suggest that wd40 cures the problem. But unfortunately not for me.

Unless I'm not spraying the correct bit if course, but I'm not really sure on where exactly to spray.

Maybe ill try again before phoning the dealer

It's not a massive issue I know, but annoying none the less

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club