Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Instrument Cluster

82hawkinsalan

give us an update after a while to let us know if it seems to have worked longer term. fingers crossed

• Like 1

So you saved your self £200 feels good

I like helping people 

On 9/17/2013 at 4:21 PM, 82hawkinsalan said:

Is it possible to change the black backing behind the dials to any other colours and also can you change the bulbs themselves? Some are getting rather dim! Is it possible to change the colour of the bulbs if you can change them?

hi Mate I changed mine to lockwood silver and then changed all smds to blue 20190316_170202.thumb.jpg.8bb4db482f6fdfdd6dcedba44ee0e1d8.jpg

11 hours ago, Dave sport tdci said:

So you saved your self £200 feels good

I like helping people 

Even more importantly I didn`t fall out with the wife over who was using the Yaris to get to work whilst my Focus was off the road.....

A happy wife is a happy life 😄

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2019 at 6:38 PM, isetta said:

give us an update after a while to let us know if it seems to have worked longer term. fingers crossed

I can report that over a month later the fault has not reappeared, bearing in mind it was showing up regularly before it`s 99% that resoldering the socket on the instrument PCB has cured the fault.

There is an interesting follow on story to this..... When I put the needles back on the clocks I farted about getting the calibration spot on (the speedo used to read about 5% fast).

This was a mistake.

Why ?

Well I have got used used to driving at about an indicated 35 in a 30 limit because the speedo read fast anyway. But I have just had a speeding ticket, my first ever, for doing 35mph in a 30 ! Lincolnshire police state that under 35mph wouldn`t have resulted in a ticket, so 1mph, that`s less than the effect of me accurately calibrating my speedo, has just got me a speeding prosecution. I`m actually thinking of farting about recalibrating my speedo so it`s 5% fast again !

What`s so infuriating about this I never speed on purpose, mainly because I`m very much into road safety. Ironically just after going through that village where I got the ticket some ***** in a Land Rover Discovery went past us doing over 70 in a 60, overtaking us on a bend in fact. Like most speeders he probably uses up much of his concentration looking for speed cameras so doesn`t get caught by them, he just drives like a cretin when there aren`t any cameras about..... The sooner all cars have GPS sensors in them preventing them from exceeding the speed limit, the better.

All speedos are set to over read by 5 - 10% at factory.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

A bit late to the party, but if anyone on here does re-solder their faulty instrument cluster, be sure to use 60/40 lead-based solder and not that lead free stuff, that's likely the cause of these problems as the lead-free solder is more brittle than 60/40 and has caused no end of problems around the time the RoHS directives were issued by the EU (XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 failures being the most publicised). I think formulas have improved since then, so less of a problem on newer vehicles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club