Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Fiesta Mk7 Headlight Bulbs!

Kiran416

So I have just fitted some xenon white dipped beam and sidelight bulbs from eBay and don't get me wrong they look bright in the dark but nowhere near that of HIDs. I just want some help to find the BRIGHTEST bulbs that can be a straight swap (and road legal of course) that most new Mercedes and BMWs have or at least something very close to that! The ones I have are bright white but I want something with much more of a blue tint to it and people will think WOW when seeing them! I see lots of people recommending the Philips blue vision ultras but are these even brighter and have a good blue tint to them? All advice welcome! Thanks! :)

If you want that bright icy white look plus decent light output the only way to do it is with HID's which are illegal to fit unless they come fitted as standard from the manufacturer. There is no legal halogen bulb that will give you a decent icy white light plus decent light output because in order to get that colour the bulbs need to have a thicker blue coating which reduces the light output. You can try philips diamond vision or osram hyperblue, they arent strictly road legal but they'll both give you the colour your after but the light output isnt as good as normal bulbs, you'll be seriously unlucky if you ever.get pulled for.fitting them though. If you want deceng brightness go for Osram nightbreaker plus bulbs, they're more of a yellow light colour but give you a much better light output.

P.S. Id avoid unbranded bulbs from eBay especially LED's because the very rarely last long you're better off paying the extra and sticking to branded.bulbs such as philips, osram, ring, prism etcthey're much better quality and last alot longer

• Like 1

Thanks! Well I'm looking more for style tbh and don't mind compensating the lights throw. I am tempted to risk the DiamondVisions but what's the likeliness of getting pulled and what would happen if they did? Are the BlueVision Ultras a good alternative and has anybody fitted these with pics that would be a great help! Thanks in advance :)

So I have just fitted some xenon white dipped beam and sidelight bulbs from eBay and don't get me wrong they look bright in the dark but nowhere near that of HIDs. I just want some help to find the BRIGHTEST bulbs that can be a straight swap (and road legal of course) that most new Mercedes and BMWs have or at least something very close to that! The ones I have are bright white but I want something with much more of a blue tint to it and people will think WOW when seeing them! I see lots of people recommending the Philips blue vision ultras but are these even brighter and have a good blue tint to them? All advice welcome! Thanks! :)

I am in the same position after using HID's in all my ZS's I decided to go legal for insurance purposes in the ST so think i'm gonna go Osram Hyper Blue...not strictly road legal but think I would have a slim chance of it voiding my insurance should I have an accident! Shame though....loved my 6000k HID's!!!

Take it from someone whos wasted probably over £200 trying different bulbs just to get that effect, the only ones thatll give you that icy white colour is either the philips diamond vision or osram hyper blue. Both arent strictly legal, but ive never so much as had a funny look off the police, at worst if the police pull you, you'll be asked to change the bulbs but they dont cause too much glare like fitting HIDs would because they are just halogen bulbs plus the thicker blue coating prevents it causing glare to oncoming drivers. You wont fail your MOT for the bulbs like you would with HIDs cause they cant check the bulbs.

• Like 1

This is the Philips diamond vision bulbs fitted in mk6 projector headlights, they give out better light output in the reflector headlights ive noticed though

post-37948-0-10232800-1379060152_thumb.j

Take it from someone whos wasted probably over £200 trying different bulbs just to get that effect, the only ones thatll give you that icy white colour is either the philips diamond vision or osram hyper blue. Both arent strictly legal, but ive never so much as had a funny look off the police, at worst if the police pull you, you'll be asked to change the bulbs but they dont cause too much glare like fitting HIDs would because they are just halogen bulbs plus the thicker blue coating prevents it causing glare to oncoming drivers. You wont fail your MOT for the bulbs like you would with HIDs cause they cant check the bulbs.

Thank you so much! been looking for someone who can confirm that the osram hyper blue are good and what you have said is exactly what I am looking for. I love the FOC for that reason!! United together under a big blue oval!! haha :D

Brilliant! Thanks guys! Think I'm edging for the Philips DiamondVisions then! As long as I won't be pulled over or atleast I won't be getting any points or fine if they did! I'm 19 and my insurance would go through the roof! Just waiting on any pics of the blue vision ultra if anyone has them fitted so I can compare and maybe go for a legal pair! Cheers!

So the Diamond Visions came! Will hopefully get some pics up on here soon! Next up I was thinking of getting the heko or climair wind deflectors but I have a 5dr. Will they look just as good on a 5dr or a bit dodgy? Any pics available on 5drs?

• Like 1

So the Diamond Visions came! Will hopefully get some pics up on here soon! Next up I was thinking of getting the heko or climair wind deflectors but I have a 5dr. Will they look just as good on a 5dr or a bit dodgy? Any pics available on 5drs?

cool! I know you said you would get some pics but how are they? White? Bright?

Might look a little blue in the pic but in real life they're not as blue as everyone makes out! A nice bright white light with a blue tinge! Perfect! I fitted some w5w smd leds for the sidelights too and they're super bright! Hope you like!

First pic is with only sidelights on and the other is with sidelights and dipped beam on, I'm sure you can tell the difference! Also fitted some red smd leds in the footwell too to match the ambient lighting :)

post-46729-0-82795000-1379548993_thumb.j

post-46729-0-42035700-1379549016_thumb.j

post-46729-0-16329300-1379549039_thumb.j

post-46729-0-85169500-1379549053_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club