Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125 - Bad Fuel Consumption

Sonico

Hello folks :)

I am the proud owner of a Ford Fiesta Titanium Ecoboost 125 bhp. Bought the car in April, and It have now hit a mileage of about 3400mi. I am very happy with the car, it handles very well, looks great and all. Unfortunatly there is a but... The fuel consumption. I have trying to drive economically (mixed city and highway driving) but I cant get an average above 28mpg (13 L/km in metric). That is very low compared to the advertised 55mpg. I know i am not supposed to expect whats advertised, but still...

I shift gear early, Im not speeding, not driving with cold engine, not accelerating to fast, turned off the AC. Neither am i fat thus increasing the car's total weight :). I don´t know what I am doing wrong.

I have been reading some other posts on the forum, and people gets an average around 40-50 mpg. That was about what i expected to get from my car, so i´m a little dissapointed.

Is there possibly something wrong with the car, or am I bitching over nothing ?

Thx

Thats wired...

I have never EVER had that fuel consuption, even when the car was new (<3000km). I flor my Fiesta often and even then fuel consumption is lower than yours.

The lowest i have every got is 39.

I am always stook in traffic and drive very urban. around towns and cities.

22 is very low!

Something has to be wrong. Id get it checked out!

I better Call the dealer on monday, and get it checked. Any idea on what could be wrong?

Don't take any notice of the info the car gives you as it's usually inaccurate. I have the same car as you and get around 330 miles out of a full tank at an average of 39 mpg. I would suggest you fill yours up again and drive till its reads 0 miles to empty then compare.

Don't forget to reset your mileage. Mpg reading after you fill up.

Think I have made a little mistake here :P when converting L/km to mpg, I have converted to US mpg and not British :D So I can't really use my comparison. Sry :P

On a full tank i get around 370 miles (600km) and if I convert to British MPG I get about 36 mpg.

I still Think it a bit low, compared to many on this forum. What do You guys Think ?

That seems better. Follow Willys instructions. I got 58 out of mine yesterday.

On a full tank i get around 370 miles (600km) and if I convert to British MPG I get about 36 mpg.

I still Think it a bit low, compared to many on this forum. What do You guys Think ?

Looks about right for a petrol.

Here are my petrol readings from my 125bhp fiesta. I don't drive economicely and am happy with my 39 / 40 mpg.

I'm using fuellog for android by the way.

If your getting these results or better then everything is as it should be :)

post-5052-0-96096600-1379245069_thumb.jp

Could also be the fuel you are using.... i found same problem with cheap fuel..( normal supermarket) switched to ultimate (supermarket) goes much further.

370 miles is more like 39 mpg the tank is never bone dry when you fill it. Fill the car up, drive till empty, make a note of the amount of litres taken to fill and you'll get an accurate reading.