Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0L Ecoboost 2012

Luke Fletcher

Afternoon,

This morning I purchased a Focus 1.0L EcoBoost Zetec and was wondering if anyone had this engine and could provide a small review on this for me.

When I test drove it today it felt solid an nice to drive.

Any advice would be cool :)

Luke

Hi, I can't really help you as we only have a Fiesta with that engine not a Focus, but I'm interested to know which ps is it, 100 or 125? You might also try talkford as I know there is several in there that have that engine....

Hi Luke , there have been a few reviews on here , do a Forum Search all i think good.

It is the 100 ps version. Didn't have chance to put my foot down really but I currently have a 1.25 82ps fiesta now so hoping for it to be a bit more responsive.

Thanks pree, I will have a look :)

Hi,

I work with these engines and have a lot of knowledge with these and have a 125 ps engine myself buy driven plenty of 100 ps engine.

Both go great, you will notice a big difference from your fiesta, quiet easily leave a standard hatchback at the lights. Is pretty solid and will go when you want it to. Only thing I would say is don't expect quoted fuel figures. Eg my focus had since new (march 2013), now has 8.5K on the clock and achieve 42 MPG.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask.

Hi,

Well I'm getting 40mpg on my fiesta so as long as i get the same and hopefully more then I'm good.

I do motorway miles and does the engine struggle on them, and overtaking, does it still have some power to overtake?

The focus I bought has done 10500 miles and is on a 12 plate. Got the start stop facility as well. Is that any good?

Luke

Mine looks the exact same as yours in your photo :)

Hi, yeah motorway is fine, plenty of power and will happily sit at 85 90 ish with no engine noise at all. Start stop facility good, does it save fuel? I am not sure the answer to this but Ford claim and all the guys at work agree! Yes you will see in the photos my mrs red fiesta. That's a 1.25 and the focus is a lot quicker and better on fuel.

Let me know what you think once you pick it up!

hey, cool. when I test drove it yesterday it felt solid and quiet which was good. I had a KA as a courtesy car with it and that was ok but obviously didn't get full use but seemed ok. well I currently have a 1.25 82ps fiesta now an that's ok but looking forward to the extra power and lower insurance too. score both ways lol.

I will certainly let you know, cant wait. whats bluetooth like on motorway journeys. is the ford SYNC any good. I know when I call people when im on the motorway at the moment they always say there is loads of back ground road noise. I travel back to wales quite a lot so when I go next month I will be able to get a full drive out of it to see what the difference on petrol is.

what part of Essex you from. im from chelmo, bought it from lookers ford

Luke

Ah that sounds pretty cool, sync is a lot better than the standard bluetooth only down side is that the car does not say the track name which is playing if playing a song through bluetooth! I'm pretty sure the eco boost is a higher insurance band as its powered by a turbo charger, but don't hold me to that!

when do u pick up the new car, did u go zetec or titanium?

I say it's got sync but unsure. It says it in the spec but the trip computer and centre screen does not look like the sync system ones. Not to worried if it hasn't tho. Love the bkuetooth in the fords excellent things. Well my fiesta is 550 and focus is 470 so I'm not sure :s.

It is the zetec. I'm looking for brodit clips too and fond 2 I like. Any advice on what one to go for.

Also, how do you get on with the USB I'm the glove box. That's the only down fall for me I think. But im usually on my own in car so ill just leave the glove box open and charge it that way.

Also if be looking to do some small mods. Such as mud guards. I would also love some make shift drls. Any advice on them

Sorry for the 101 questions, tell me to shut up if you like lol

Is yours titanium or zetec?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club