Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removal Of Sticky Residue On Dash.

Khalerux

Hi folks,

I've removed an old phone hold of my 2010 Focus but it has left a mark where it used to stick on with it's adhesive pad.

Being the tidy sort I am I've tried to get rid of this using a normal household cleaner but this hasn't budged it.

Are there any good ways to get rid of these marks, maybe using household products? If not, any shelf products you could mention would be appreciated.

Thanks!

WD 40 on a rag should do it but the best stuf I have found for removing glue residue is lighter fluid. Just dont smoke while you are doing it.

WD40 eh? - will give that a try!

Lighter fluid...i'm now on the e-cigs...so out of lighter fluid :)

Thanks for the tips! - Hope it works :D

"isopropyl alcohol" will remove sticky residue. Google it for a supplier.

Some plastics used in cars now are designed to be recycled - so can be damaged easily with solvents, etc (there was even a post on FOC that a magic tree air freshener had ruined a dash on a new car!)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47222-fiesta-mk8-vs-magic-tree/?hl=%2Bmagic+%2Btree

Before putting any kind of solvent or chemicals of any kind on your dash, it is wise to find a hidden area of the dash/ ( or trim of the same material) and test it to see if the solvent/ chemical leaves a permanent mark/ blemish on the dash material

Excellent advice Foca.

For removing small sticky patches and in order to allow for sticking on phone mounts etc I use isopropyl wipes (the type used for cleaning skin prior to injections or dressing wounds, courtesy of chemists/nurse wife :))

Iso Propyl Alcohol is also available from Maplin in either an aerosol or a 1 litre can.