Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Metal Vs Fiesta St

A_Jobson

I currently have a Fiesta Metal and would love to hear from those who had the same and upgraded to an ST.

Is there much difference in power?

Would you say it was worth the upgrade?

Any info would be much appreciated!! :)

The new zetec s 1.0 ecoboost would be as equally fast as the metal edition except better power through out more of the range... The st will be a bit faster but not greatly as it is about 100 kg heavier

Depends what you mean by a bit-

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Metal 3d

Performance

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.4 secs

Top Speed 121 mph

Power Output 132 bhp

Torque 160 Nm 118 lb-ft

Weight 1045 kg

Ford Fiesta ST 1.6 EcoBoost ST 3d

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 6.7 secs

Top Speed 139 mph

Power Output 179 bhp

Torque 290 Nm 213 lb-ft

Weight: 1,163kg

Its worth the upgrade IMO.

• Like 1

Not driven a metal but did consider a Mountune 140 upgrade to my ZS but after driving the ST I have just ordered one,deleivery date 1st November,couldn't justify the cost of the Mountune against the cost of new ST.

I would recommend you go drive one they are very impressive and that way you will know what difference there is between them.

• Like 1

I think you would be overwelmed by the new fiesta zetec s 1.0 remap it and it would be a very hot little hatchback

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Metal 3d

Performance

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.4 secs

Top Speed 121 mph

Power Output 132 bhp

Torque 160 Nm 118 lb-ft

Weight 1045 kg

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 6.7 secs

Top Speed 139 mph

Power Output 179 bhp

Torque 290 Nm 213 lb-ft

I have a metal & love it but have to agree with Gary that it would be worth the upgrade, my decision now is the fiesta or the focus st

• 5 months later...

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Metal 3d

Performance

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 8.4 secs

Top Speed 121 mph

Power Output 132 bhp

Torque 160 Nm 118 lb-ft

Weight 1045 kg

Engine Size 1596 cc

Cylinders 4

0-60 mph 6.7 secs

Top Speed 139 mph

Power Output 179 bhp

Torque 290 Nm 213 lb-ft

The fiST is a rcket! no comparrison its a pure racing machine buy one or regret it. 200BHP overboost nuff said

The fiST is a rcket! no comparrison its a pure racing machine buy one or regret it. 200BHP overboost nuff said

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Hi,

I previously had a metal and just traded in for an ST! Definitely upgrade to the ST!

I used to think my metal had power but noooo. Nothing compared to this ST, the ST is a beast!

Get the ST you won't be disappointed. I thought I'd miss my metal but I'm that happy with my ST I haven't looked back.

Once your about 3000 revs and 2nd 3rd and 4 th gear have so much power it blew me away

I haven't drove the 1.0 L fiesta but have heard its quite nippy. But my dealer has the 1.0 L and he said he'd swap it for the ST any day

Hope this helps

Hannah :)

The new zetec s 1.0 ecoboost would be as equally fast as the metal edition except better power through out more of the range... The st will be a bit faster but not greatly as it is about 100 kg heavier

William,

It's more than a bit faster. I played in my metal for two years and got nothing out of it compared to the ST,

I'm really impressed with the speed from a 1.6. Same as the 124 bhp from the Zetec s 1.0 l! Well done Ford :D :D

Hannah

I have just ordered my ST-2 and I currently own a ZS ecoboost which I have had for a year now. The deal as I posted elsewhere was too good to miss as it bought it within my limits (stupid uni fees!).

I once owned a Mk6 ST which of course, was a 2.0 NA engine with 150bhp and about 140 lb ft of torque. My ZS in day to day driving 'feels' as quick as the old ST but that's because that needed working hard to get the best out of it but rest assured that would blow the ZS ecoboost away.

The new ST is on another level again and awesome as others have said but what amazed me about it was how it accelerated. It is smooth and effortless with no sudden turbo jolt. Very nice indeed and even though Pegeot 208 GTI and Renault Clio RS owners score a victory over the ST in a drag race, that is all they win. The ST is far superior in handling and other areas as acknowledged by critics.

Also, the ST has greater torque so in gear acceleration would match the rivals I think.

Hi,

I previously had a metal and just traded in for an ST! Definitely upgrade to the ST!

I used to think my metal had power but noooo. Nothing compared to this ST, the ST is a beast!

Get the ST you won't be disappointed. I thought I'd miss my metal but I'm that happy with my ST I haven't looked back.

Once your about 3000 revs and 2nd 3rd and 4 th gear have so much power it blew me away

I haven't drove the 1.0 L fiesta but have heard its quite nippy. But my dealer has the 1.0 L and he said he'd swap it for the ST any day

Hope this helps

Hannah :)

Have to completely agree with Hannah. I had a metal and enjoyed it thoroughly for just under a year and have had my ST now for around 3 weeks and there is just no comparison the ST is in a league of its own!

Lee.

anyone interested in a meet this Friday Manchester DM me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club