Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk5 Fiesta Air Bag Light Problem

Coolbluelights

I have a mk5 fiesta (2001) 1.25 ghia 5 door

and the air bag light flashed once then went out, then flashed once again then went out again, then stayed on after 5 times of flashing

I took it to a fords dealer and they hooked it up to a pc and it came back with a faulty clock spring.

i ordered a new one;fitted it this evening, put it all back together again and this time a new air bag flash sequence appeared.

this time it flashes 3 times then goes off, flashes 3 times then goes off and after 5 times of it doing this it stays on constantly

i googled the flash sequence and this is what i found

"Three flash cycle: Short to battery plus or ground in section of air bag squib circuit common to both driver and passenger air bag modules"

I haven't got a passenger airbag, just seatbelt pre tensioners and drivers air bag.

what does that quote mean?

cheers

bradley

I'd say a connector is off somewhere.

Check the pins on the clock spring plug.

i have checked them 3 times, they are fine, anything else you reckon it could be

Have you tried disconnecting the positive battery csble and touching it to the negative terminal to clear residual charge in the wiring?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club