Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Undertray And Insulation

vinylpusher

Hello,

I have a MK2 Ford Focus Zetec and the engine noise is not overly loud, but id like to quieten it down a bit. Ive changed oil, sparkplugs etc to see if it had anything to do with this, also tried injector cleaners etc. Still the same

Ive heard that Zetecs just have this noise even on the newer vehicles....... or im just being picky.

Ive heard of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-MK2-C-Max-Volvo-C30-S40-V50-Under-Engine-Cover-Undertray-/321196792019?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AFocus%7CPlat_Gen%3AMK+II&hash=item4ac8d218d3#ht_2992wt_1262

Does anyone have any advice on these?. Do they quieten down the sound of the engine from inside and outside of the vehicle?

I was also looking at this for lining my bonnet with as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-VAN-VEHICLE-SOUND-DEADENING-PROOFING-PADS-SHEETS-/220509778409#ht_801wt_1024

Would lining my boot with this be safe?

If anyone can suggest any other products instead of the ones ive listed, please do :)

Mine is pretty quiet after its warmed up, even compared to other vehicles.

It sounds like a diesel though when it first starts, but I have heard its a common thing.

Don't you already have any of that soundproofing lining beneath the bonnet cover?

Mine is pretty quiet after its warmed up, even compared to other vehicles.

It sounds like a diesel though when it first starts, but I have heard its a common thing.

Don't you already have any of that soundproofing lining beneath the bonnet cover?

No, ford didnt put this in my vehicle so its just the bonnet.

I have found one at a breakers that want £20 for it.

Does this make much difference at all ?

No, ford didnt put this in my vehicle so its just the bonnet.

I have found one at a breakers that want £20 for it.

Does this make much difference at all ?

Not sure to be honest, but mine has it (didn't add it myself), so I assume it must make some sort of difference.

Would i have an issues fitting one to a petrol?? Overheating or anything?

Im just thinking there must have been a reason why its only deisels that are mainly fitted with them

Thanks

Shouldnt really have a problem with it I dont think, I have never heard of an overheating issue with these.

An undertray would help to cut the road noise, as it stops the engine bay echoing it.

Shouldnt really have a problem with it I dont think, I have never heard of an overheating issue with these.

An undertray would help to cut the road noise, as it stops the engine bay echoing it.

Great, ok thankyou, i may look at purchasing it, ill just keep and eye on the temp gauge.

Are they undertrays easy to fit ?? is it just a case of attaching it with the popper clips round the bumpers and wings?

Thanks

There are two. You can have one that sits under the engine itself, just above the road surface, this secures on with 7 screws with embedded washers.

Also you can get a foam material proofer that sits on the underside of the bonnet, this clips in with plastic popper clips into the existing holes you can see in the bonnet lid.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club