Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S Damage

Panth

Hi all, first time post. I recently decided to buy a Focus Zetec S on a 09 plate, Love the car to bits and have always wanted one, i came back from holiday this time last week to discover some had tried to steal ( i think its called diffuser) the grey bit at the bottom of the rear bumper and not done the best job resulting in it being damaged. i looked on the ford website and to replace it will be £250, with just buying the car and my holiday im not in the position to spend this amount of money at the moment, i was just wondering if any of you guys know or could recommend a cheaper alternative until i am in a postion to buy one from ford. i have seen some on eBay from China and some from Poland but unsure on fit or quality. i would be grateful for any advice on this.

thanks in advance.

A lot of people on here don't recommend either think you might be best off looking for a standard bumper till you can get your hands on the proper one then sell the standard one complete bumper with diffuser will cost roughly about 130/50 can yours not be repaired at a decent local body shop I bought a second hand damaged front lip for mine needed plastic welding now its all sprayed up you can't tell it's been repaired .feel for you though you work for something for some scuss bag to damage your property .i,ll have a trawl on the bay see what I can find what colours your car.

There's two I can see on there at the mo one a complete bumper in silver that's in Bradford and one a brand new diffuser in primer that's in Shrewsbury might be worth having a punt on either.

Hi Steads, thanks for the reply, the main bumper on the car is fine and has no damage, its the grey trim at the bottom thats damaged, by the looks of it they tried to grab bit in the middle that looks like steps and yank it off resulting in snapping the steps, i just have the middle bit missing, i have attached a photo to show you the part they snapped, they must have thrown the snapped part as well. My focus is black colour, thanks again for the reply and spending time to help with my problem.

Regards

post-46899-0-65373400-1379671096_thumb.p

Whatever you do, do not buy the ones from China or Poland. They are cheap fibreglass imitations.

I would advise you to save up for an official one or keep an eye out on eBay, the buy and sell forums here, and even dare I say it gumtree for some bargains. The odd ones pop up by sellers who have no idea of the value, some others pop up that need a little work and sometimes a refurb.

But avoid the cheap knockoffs mate.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Hyrule, I will keep an eye out for one on eBay and sites like that, but looks like I will have to buy the part from Ford, are they easy to fit does anyone know as I don't really want to pay extra for Ford to fit it

• Like 1

Lenny has a guide on fitting the rear diffuser. Have a look on his signature :)

• Like 1

You tried scrap yards? Might find a front end damaged car with a decent diffuser.

190903122908 try this one on eBay ending in e few hours £51 at the mo get it sprayed cheaper than one from fords

• Like 1

Yeah lenny is the only one on here who's had the chance to remove and had a good look at the rear bumper and diffuser and he's said on a few post about the zetec S body kit that it's worth going for the real deal so yeah i'd say tough it out for now mate until you can get the real ford one.

I cannot imagine someone doing that to mine! sucks dude sorry to hear that. kn%bs everywhere

If you cannot find the snapped off parts forget trying to repair it, the diffuser is very flexible, i assume this is allowance for wind etc, repairing it will create a hard spot resulting in stress that may crack later on.

So annoying whenever idiots mess with your ride, such a simple thing that cost so much money time and agro, feel for you

190903122908 try this one on eBay ending in e few hours £51 at the mo get it sprayed cheaper than one from fords

You are allowed to post eBay clickable links BTW

Hopefully you didnt buy this one. These are the cheap knockoffs, awful quality and apparently dont fit.

When it comes to the diffuser get a genuine Ford one.

• Like 1

Hi everyone and thanks for all the advice, I'm going to order one from Ford tomorrow, better to be safe than sorry I'm thinking, I just want it back to how it was. Thanks again everyone

Regards