Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Indicators not clickin off

MichellefromEssex

OH had commented on it a few times but I thought it was him, but this afternoon I noticed it was happening everytime I was indicating to come off of a roundabout, when straightening the wheel it wasnt clicking off and a couple of times I realised I was still "flashing" half a mile up the road!!!! so after Easter weekend will be getting it booked in for a look over - with the reverse gear at the same time!!!!.

OH had commented on it a few times but I thought it was him, but this afternoon I noticed it was happening everytime I was indicating to come off of a roundabout, when straightening the wheel it wasnt clicking off and a couple of times I realised I was still "flashing" half a mile up the road!!!! so after Easter weekend will be getting it booked in for a look over - with the reverse gear at the same time!!!!.

Oh dear, one thing after another with cars hey?

Nice car by the way looks amazing, i love the colour!! I have a black car so we both have hard cars to keep clean ! :lol:

When did you buy it? Looks pretty new to be going wrong, especially little things like that?! How have you found it overall???

Oh dear, one thing after another with cars hey?

Nice car by the way looks amazing, i love the colour!! I have a black car so we both have hard cars to keep clean ! :lol:

When did you buy it? Looks pretty new to be going wrong, especially little things like that?! How have you found it overall???

Hi, we picked it up 2nd december, its already been back for boot catch adjustment and a brand new seatbelt as the drivers one kept locking when trying to pull across (definately a case of hold breath and count to ten lol), today we had a mountune upgrade so will be posting new pics tomorrow - off to work right now. I love the colour we chose, went to dealer with black in mind, OH was saying no no no to black as he is a valeter and knows how hard the upkeep is, then when I found out our car was already built and in a holding depot and we could take delivery within a couple of weeks - it sort of swayed my mind lol.

Overall I love it, I had a mercedes 4x4 previous so was a big difference but much prefer my little boy racer car lol

Mine has the opposite problem - the indicators cancel too early, sometimes, it seems, before I have even started turning.

Probably a fault in the clockspring (airbag sliding contact), which controls the selfcancelling in the indicators. Whatever it is it will be covered by warranty.

What's wrong with the reverse gear?

Probably a fault in the clockspring (airbag sliding contact), which controls the selfcancelling in the indicators. Whatever it is it will be covered by warranty.

What's wrong with the reverse gear?

It jumps out sometimes - did it tonight infront of OH as he was standing listening to me pull away with our new exhaust lol, my foot completely to the floor (clutch) some times it just feels like its not going into reverse and takes a good few attempts, others like tonight it goes in (light come on) and then as I start to move back it crunches and jumps back to neutral - been like it from day one, Fords have looked briefly twice now, but going to book it in for a proper road test now with the indicators at the same time. Thanks

My indicators do this too michelle - i never notice as they are so quiet until ive driven half a mile and wonder why im still indicating!!! x

im 99% mine are the same! I normally just use the 3 click one instead of clicking it down!

Now today they clicked off everytime :rolleyes: I know its just little teething problems with a new car but its still annoying, and your right about quite clicking, I am finding I am checking the green indicator arrow all the time atm.

your reverse gear deffers aint right cus mine has been fine so far, everytime iv gone to put it in its been perfect. and the indicators mines done it once but they seem to be ok atm

Now today they clicked off everytime :rolleyes: I know its just little teething problems with a new car but its still annoying, and your right about quite clicking, I am finding I am checking the green indicator arrow all the time atm.

Mine has this fault too and so did the two different ones I test drove (at separate garages) so it's a fault that's common to all of them I guess.

Mine does it too!! Can be quite annoying.. :rolleyes: I've gotten into the habit of just clicking it off myself now, lol.

I have the same problem, and as I'm a driving Instructor, it can be a major problem if the pupil does not correct it on a test. Hopefully will be sorted on the 1500ml service.

Mine only started happening since the 1500 courtesy check, will be calling them tomorrow, its such a pain having to book the car in again and being without it for a day again though (went in a few weeks back for a new seatbelt) as its not just around the corner too me and I had to pay a tenner for a courtsey car for the day!!!, I would say in your position, it would be a nightmare for one of your pupils.

One thing though the squeeky clutch pedal has stopped again for the mo anyway!