Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Zetec 2009 Wheel Pressure

sonic113

Just wondering what wheel pressure do you all put in your cars. I'm really looking for a recommended pressure in psi for 2009 ford focus zetec with the standard alloys which are 16".

Just doing weekly air checks and thought I'd ask as I use 30 all round but I'm thinking might not he correct. So what's the correct pressure? Most of the time its myself ,wide and 2 kids in car with the odd shopping in boot but boot mostly empty if it helps.

Thanks.

i think they are around 32PSI but there is a sticker on the drivers side door pillar with all the pressures

Yes my sticker came of and I lost it. I think it was in the 40 s though??? Any1 got a PIC of their sticker?

that would be closer to fully loaded pressures. my mums for a focus saloon with 17" wheels and the rear pressures are around 40 PSI while the fronts are about 38 PSI.

normal pressure for the saloon with 17" wheels are 33 rear and 30 front, or its the other way round, i checked my pressures yesterday and use the Volvo pressures which are 36 PSI all round for economy.

id go and have a look but its cold out :rolleyes:

mine is the focus hatchback. what would u recommend in front and rear tyres?

32 PSI seams to be what the majority of the manufactures use, but id put 34 PSI as you'll find it 'rolls' better

i had a look at a friends car sticker thats the same focus mk2 1.6 hatchback. its say 30psi front and 33 psi rear so thats what i have in. will these or even 34psi wear the tyres quicker?

Do u mean the tyre wear is quicker at full load pressures?

mine states 33/33 but i put 34 all round in.....

Instead of using 30 front 33 rear wud I be better using 34 all round? Wud this help mpg?

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of using 30 front 33 rear wud I be better using 34 all round? Wud this help mpg?

yes

On my 18" Focus Sports Pack alloys, the front say 50psi on the tyre and the rear say 44.

• 2 months later...

I have Focus Mk2 with 17" alloys and I put front tyres at 34 PSI and about 36/37 PSI in rear,

How does over inflating the tyre gives better mpg? The stock pressure 33psi all round for normal use. The higher pressure is for carrying extra load or fully loaded with people. Running high pressure without the load will result in reduced grip.

When a tyre is rolling the foot print becomes smaller as the sides firm up and maintain a round shape leaving less rubber on the ground. Less rubber less grip increased braking distant, the tyre wont flex well either. It may look a bit soft at 33psi when stationary but trust me its fine when rolling.

Especially in winter its a bit daft running higher tyre pressure where the cold air is more dense. A rolling tyre will generate warm air inside the tyre. Increasing the already high psi even higher. 33, 34 is just right for normal driving this will result in the best grip and mpg all rounder

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club