Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk? And Wheels?

Xmyfiesta02

Hi guys,

Just passed my test and bought a fiesta zetec 2002 1.4 5dr I believe it to be a mk6 but possibly a mk 5 anyone be able to tell? Also have found my front driver alloy wheel is buckled have found some wheels on eBay mine are 195/50r15 and the ones I am thinking of buying are 195/50 15 would they be Ok on my car can provide a link if needed, just need some advice guys thanks

Pat

Welcome and congrats for passing your test, Patrick.

I'm no expert when it comes to wheels but I believe you have to consider such things as PCD and offset to determine whether a wheel will be the correct fitment for your car.

From a quick google search, this link gives a basic explaination:

http://www.fastcar.co.uk/2012/01/12/what-is-offset-and-pcd/

I'm sure someone who knows more will be along to comment soon.

• Like 1

Hi Pat, Congrats on the licence buddy!!

I have just gone through the whole process of buying alloy wheels for my mk6.5 Fiesta and it is a bit more complicated than expected

Dave is right, you need to get the right PCD and offset to make sure the alloys fit. It sounds like they are the same size as your current alloys which is good because it will save you buying tyres. Usually if you are buying other Fiesta alloys they will fit. I know the mk6.5 and mk7 both have a PCD of 4x108 and you can swap the alloys between the two (I assume the mk6 would be the same). A quick google as Dave suggested should clear that up. Then start searching for blah blah blah alloys PCD 4x108 or whatever the size is. If it is 4x108 that is an odd size so there aren't many options out there. Just be weary of Fiesta mk7 alloys as they are prone to buckling

It is also wise when buying the alloys to see them in person and roll them along a flat surface with no tires on them just to make sure they are straight and don't have too much gutter rash on them. Otherwise you could always take them to a tyre fitter and ask them to check for you. It can end up being an expensive process to get them fixed if they are broken though. (If you only have one buckled alloy though, it would probably be cheaper to fix that one than buy a new set of 4)

Im sorry I cant help you on offset though because I didn't encounter that when buying my alloys.

I must say buying alloys can be a big hassle but defiantly worth it in the end! Just do your research and double check and you should be fine though! Nothing beats the feeling of seeing your new alloys on your car for the first time! :D

Oh and if you have any further questions feel free to chuck me and inbox, id be happy to try and help

Thanks very much, will be taking all points into consideration, i do believe mine to be 108mm but im going to google and do my research before a purchase have seen some zetec s wheels with tyres £120 on eBay may go and have a look i dont particularly want to fork out on new new wheels as im a new driver and i am bound to scuff them, i do think perhaps i got ripped off with my first car as now finding it is needed (though not immediately) a new steering rack, steering pump and new discs and pads (general maintenance) bought the car for £925 had a bald tire (completely bald)no head light bulb and was pretty much black (its actually bright red) so its a work in progress not sure how much a new clutch will be as it seems to be very high.

Pat

thanks for all your help guys :)

Don't forget that different alloys will most likely increase your insurance premiums, especially being a new driver.

Don't forget that different alloys will most likely increase your insurance premiums, especially being a new driver.

Would that include ford zetec s wheels?? and as i have bought the car preloved, could i just assume they were the original wheels ?

thanks

pat

also does anyone know the mark of my car mark 5/6? im confused as how to tell, its the new shape like a fusion, but not the new new shape if that makes sense.? i need to upload a pic soon!!

pat

Would that include ford zetec s wheels?? and as i have bought the car preloved, could i just assume they were the original wheels ?

thanks

pat

Nope. Your insurance will cover the spec of the car as it came out of the factory, regardless of how you may claim to have bought it.

It's your responsibility to make sure what you declare on insurance is correct.

Nope. Your insurance will cover the spec of the car as it came out of the factory, regardless of how you may claim to have bought it.

It's your responsibility to make sure what you declare on insurance is correct.

thanks, then i will ring my insurance company and check on price for change of wheels cheers Dave appreciated

also does anyone know the mark of my car mark 5/6? im confused as how to tell, its the new shape like a fusion, but not the new new shape if that makes sense.? i need to upload a pic soon!!

pat

You have a mk6 Pat, the 5 is the version prior to yours and the 6.5 is the one with bulging head and tail lights