Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washing Your Fiesta

Hjalle

How often do you wash your Fiesta?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wash your Fiesta?

• Once a Week
    • Once every two weeks
    • Once a month
    • Once every 6 months
    • Once a year
    • Other

Hey guys

I just thought I would start a poll to see how often you wash your car and what you do when you wash it? It is a pet hate of mine to have a dirty car, resulting in weekly washes.

Every Sunday is car washing day for me (its my relaxing time) I either wash by hand or take it down to the local car wash and use the hand power hose depending on how much time I have. I never use the automated machines though. I always wipe my car down afterwards and give the windows a bit of a polish to make sure my Fiesta is nice and shiny for the week.

My biggest hate is when my Fiesta is dirty and especially the brake dust that builds up on the front alloys. Anyone have any suggestions to reduce the amount of brake dust?

What about you, are you an anal car washer like me, or do you go for the natural dirty look?

• Like 1

Usually every two weeks for me!

And I normally just do the two bucket method, would also love to know how to reduce brake dust or make it easier to clean off, really bugs me! Haha

If i have time, i wash twice a week and vacuum every 5 days.

The brake dust is a nightmare.

I showroom shine once a week and wash normally with jet wash once a week.

I DO NOT take to a garage or car wash to be done.

I find time to do it.

The 8 spoke alloys are a nightmare to clean!

Hello

Since I got my new Fiesta a few weeks ago I have been using Showroom Shine waterless wash/wax.

Works great on a cleanish car but have got other stuff to use when it is dirty.

I've a bottle of alloy stuff that coats the alloy to help prevent brake dust clinging.

Gary

Hi,

I have had my metal from new since November & have become quite anal about washing it.

I normally wash it about every 2 weeks & I do it like this

Power wash

Meguiars snow foam shampoo with snow lance

Power wash

Hand wash using Meguiars shampoo with lambswool mitt & 2 bucket method

Power wash

I have never dried it or polished it yet & it still shines like it has just come out of the show room

The alloys are a nightmare but it helps that mine are black lol

• Like 1

I use the two bucket method weekly and then polish and seal monthly.

For brake dust on alloys I use 3 layers of poor boys wheel sealant so now the brake dust generally just rinses off

Usually wash once a week. Polish maybe monthly. As for the alloys I got some wonder wheels cleaner and wax from Halfrauds, it helps cleaning but doesn't cure it.

Once every when I can be bothered :P

I use Wonderwash Waterless stuff and works amazingly.

I have two big rainwater tubs that collect water off my house roof, and washing the car with this is so much better than using tap water. No more salty stains and cheaper, more eco-friendly too. For the alloys I use a Lakeland bottle-brush which is excellent, quick and thorough. PS, loved E5EGM's reply about avoiding brake dust. Spot on.

Jetwash once a week with the karcher...alloys easy to clean on the ST as you can get your hand right in between each of the 5 spokes...best stock ford alloys I've ever had for cleaning...

content_ford-fiesta-st-alloy.jpg

This is the £2.29 bottle brush that has beautifully soft bristles set into a plastic core, so there's never any chance of scratching the clear coat covering of your alloys. I even do it dry and don't feel I'm harming anything.

Oh we're a domesticated lot, aren't we?

post-45623-0-15040000-1380294969_thumb.j

post-45623-0-67680700-1380295021_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hand car wash once a week.. In side and out. However when colder weather I do leave it a bit longer...really shouldn't.

Seal your alloys with gtechniq c5 and clean with bilberry cleaner for best results!

I snowfoam and wash weekly, wax quarterly and machine polish annually usually.

Mine is black panther met, it has Dimondbrite on it, i rinse it with hose then wash with the Dimondbrite shampo then rinse it again then dry with a microfibre drying cloth. The alloys i clean with a sponge and soapy water then rinse. If i wanted to keep it looking clean all the time i would have to wash it every day, i am not doing that so i do it two times a week. I hoover it once a week. At first i tried drying with a leather but that did not go well so i got the microfibre drying cloth and that works well. We live out in the sticks and the roads have mud ect on most of the time. I still like the black even if it is a pain to keep clean but i found that with the black the plastic bit at the back does not show as much as on other colours.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only who one likes to religiously wash my car! I was giving my Fiesta a wash yesterday (2 bucket hand wash method) and I got a little downpour mid wash - safe to say that didn't impress!

This is the £2.29 bottle brush that has beautifully soft bristles set into a plastic core, so there's never any chance of scratching the clear coat covering of your alloys. I even do it dry and don't feel I'm harming anything.

Oh we're a domesticated lot, aren't we?

Tomroscoe, you are a genius!! I have been wanting to do the inside of my rims without taking them off for god knows how long! I tried a bottle brush and now they are spotless! It was a little fiddley, and I needed a wash after my car had been given ones but god I'm a happy camper! And I think I might give some of these brake dust repellents a go

Hello

Since getting the new Fiesta at the beginning of September I am aiming to wash every week, especially the alloys.

I thought the 17" alloys on the Zetec S would be a pain but not as bad as I thought. Small brush for the small hole parts, sponge for the face and this for in between:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monza-Ultra-MICROFIBRE-Motorbike-Cleaning/dp/B00A5MQ9VC/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1381239166&sr=8-27&keywords=alloy+wheel+brush

Works pretty well without scrubbing.

Gary

For 'in between' I've never found better than a sponge on a stick....It moulds itself to exactly the contours of the back of the spokes, as well as allowing you to reach the whole of the inner rim of the wheel.

Hjalle, glad the bottle brush works well for you - and a lot cheaper than the 9 quid fluffy one Gary bought. But why go to all the trouble to do the inner rims - you can't really see them can you? Some of my wheels have balancing weights stuck on that rinner rim.

But why go to all the trouble to do the inner rims - you can't really see them can you? Some of my wheels have balancing weights stuck on that rinner rim.

I can see mine through the spokes....so if I can see it, I want it clean.

• Like 1

I can see mine through the spokes....so if I can see it, I want it clean.

Hello

Exactly, wash the face of the wheel and leave the back?........either wash all or not at all!

One of my bugbears is seeing clean alloys with the back parts still filthy :)

Gary

• Like 1

Like others have said I have fairly big spokes and you can see the black, after cleaning them you can really tell the difference and the overall look of the car is cleaner and just nicer.

I also noticed as you said I have weights from balancing and after cleaning the inside of my alloys I discovered I have lots of foam left over from previous balances which Im not happy about...

Does anyone know the best way to get the excess foam off? Just a bit of alcohol or should I take it back and get the tire fitters to do it?

Once a week for me, depending on the weather :)

Two bucket method with microfibre sponge and dry with microfibre towel.

I use Auto Glym SRP (brilliant for covering scratches) every few months along with a sealant on top.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club