Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washing Your Fiesta

Hjalle

How often do you wash your Fiesta?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you wash your Fiesta?

• Once a Week
    • Once every two weeks
    • Once a month
    • Once every 6 months
    • Once a year
    • Other

since our water meter was installed I now only wash the car at work ;) so once every 2ish weeks.

2 bucket method

snow foam (some times)

Autoglem Shampoo, bug / tar remover / wheel clean.

Long brush to get behind them spokes.

wool sponge.

microfiber cloths for drying.

Autoglem Aquawax 2 / 3 times a year.

since our water meter was installed I now only wash the car at work ;) so once every 2ish weeks.

2 bucket method

You don't state the size of your buckets, but on a meter to fill 2 average size 10 litre ones with tap water will cost you around 60p. That's approximately £16 over the year if your washing your car every other week. I spend at least 10 times that on cleaning products.

Got my figures wrong, see edit 2 posts below.

We have just had a water meter fitted and we have not had our first bill yet but when we had the hot weather i got a above ground pool for our grandaughter, it was a round one 12 feet by 3 feet deep, it took 6 hours to fill and i asked the water board what the price would be and was told about £10, i think if it costs 60 pence to fill two buckets i am going to be in for a shock when we get our first bill. When i wash our car i rinse it well, wash it, rinse again then do the pooling thing. Not sure how many buckets that would add up to but it would be a lot.

Sorry about the scare, my decimal point was in the wrong place........I should have put-

to fill 2 average size 10 litre ones with tap water will cost you around 6 pence, that's approximately £1.60 over the year.

By the way if you asked for the water meter & don't like it you can have it removed in the first year.

Thats ok E5GDM, in our area you have no choice you have to have one and can not have it removed.

Thats ok E5GDM, in our area you have no choice you have to have one and can not have it removed.

Same as us in Sussex :(

This is the £2.29 bottle brush that has beautifully soft bristles set into a plastic core, so there's never any chance of scratching the clear coat covering of your alloys. I even do it dry and don't feel I'm harming anything.

Oh we're a domesticated lot, aren't we?

Brilliant tip. Got one today and works very well on the alloys! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Might get myself a bottle brush soon too!

Gary

• Like 1