Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Stop Bulb Fault

Leoschariot

Hi guys

I get a message on my dash about stop bulb fault

I have narrowed this down to the high level brake light. However, when I went to change the bulb I noticed it was fine and so replaced it and the light worked again

Neck time I drove car, same fault message appeared. Light wasn't working

I have repeated the process 3 times, everytime I get the light working then it stops again.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

it could be an earth issue, check the holder and wiring for any signs of corrosion.

It seems that when I leave the trim off the interior if the car( on the boot), the light keeps working. Looks like must be an issue with the trim part affecting the wiring when I replace it

Or it's a failing filament which is touching & re-fusing back together.

On my old Zafira I had this continually for about a year before the bulb finally blew properly.

Oh right so you reckon if I tried a new bulb it may cure the problem?

Well for the few pence it costs for a new bulb it's got to be worth a go?

agree with the bulb, it could be coincidence.

If the new bulb fails, I suggest you look at the contact element underneath where the bulb sits, may be worth using a pair of needlenose pliers and gently pulling them up to ensure the connection is valid.

• 5 years later...

I have exactly the same problem. Bulb checked buy are never burnt out or damaged. Replaced anyway. The fault disappears for 1 minute to 5 minutes of driving, then returns. I've checked the wiring, cleaned the contacts, and checked the high vis brake light wiring loom. Baffled. I also have the intermittent parking sensors issue and one faulty heating switch for the drivers seat. Ford S Max titanium 2.5t 2007. Please help, thanks

• 4 months later...

I'm having the exact same issue. Tried several bulbs too. Did anyone get to the bottom of this? 

On 24 September 2013 at 4:21 PM, mintalkin said:

it could be an earth issue, check the holder and wiring for any signs of corrosion.

Check your wiring at the tail gate for breaks that's what happened with mine it's fine now fixed by my son classic rear stop light fault hope this helps 👍

Ps it did stop my car dead simple disconnect the battery and re connect resets so you can get home 👍

• 1 year later...

I have same issue with rear high break light put new bulb in nothing happened help

On 8/8/2019 at 11:36 PM, Brian Preston said:

Check your wiring at the tail gate for breaks that's what happened with mine it's fine now fixed by my son classic rear stop light fault hope this helps 👍

Where was break on urs 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club