Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Delete Or Replace?found This Interesting:

andysvision

Hello everyone i have benn looking a lot for the DPF problem around this forum and the bad thing is that in my country no one makes REMAPS yet,that very bad so navigating onnet about of any tool to make myselfe the ECU remap DPF delete look what i found on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Best-Software-to-take-remove-DPF-OFF-FAP-OFF-EGR-OFF-Immo-OFF-Lambda-Cat-OFF-/251332636079?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3a8497adaf

sound interesting,can this be done what you think.

On the other hand i look at DPF replacing and the price seems low about 200 euros:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-2-0-TDCi-Replacement-Diesel-Particulate-Filter-DPF-New-/310597640811?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item48510fe26b

what you think ?

• Like 1

well, the DPF delete, looks like a waste of money. The physical DPF is still there, and you need the car's map, and the appropriate cables, I expect you will waste your money. the replacement DPF is the alternative and is cheap in part, but its the cost to replace it that you need to consider.

Get the existing dpf out,

Cut it open on the weld joint,

Wear a heavy duty face mask and remove the internals,

Seal it back up like it was never touched,

Refit to the car,

Remap and electronic dpf delete,

Also blank the egr and fit. Performance induction filter for mixmum performance and prolonging of engine life.

Get the existing dpf out,

Cut it open on the weld joint,

Wear a heavy duty face mask and remove the internals,

Seal it back up like it was never touched,

Refit to the car,

Remap and electronic dpf delete,

Also blank the egr and fit. Performance induction filter for mixmum performance and prolonging of engine life.

Yes i know this way i would make it,but in my country no one makes remap that the bad thing,so thats why i posted that software from eBay,so im asking could i do it my self with that?do you believe it?Thanks

• Like 1

well, the DPF delete, looks like a waste of money. The physical DPF is still there, and you need the car's map, and the appropriate cables, I expect you will waste your money. the replacement DPF is the alternative and is cheap in part, but its the cost to replace it that you need to consider.

But why is the replace so costly,it looks easy from the outside only some "screws" just get out the old one and fit the new one,put in the sensors,whala its done:) or there is more work?can you explain me?Thanks PRO

Yes i know this way i would make it,but in my country no one makes remap that the bad thing,so thats why i posted that software from ebay,so im asking could i do it my self with that?do you believe it?Thanks

Its a 50/50 chance mate,

Could work fine, I'd try electronic delete first,

Then remove the sensors,

Start the car,

If no errors appear then the software worked, and you can g ahead with dpf internal removal.

Would I try it?

Yes

Why?

Well if it works I would be very popular in your country being the first one to offer the service,

Its a 50/50 chance mate,

Could work fine, I'd try electronic delete first,

Then remove the sensors,

Start the car,

If no errors appear then the software worked, and you can g ahead with dpf internal removal.

Would I try it?

Yes

Why?

Well if it works I would be very popular in your country being the first one to offer the service,

Yes im consodering about that too,its a shame in 2013 with so many supercars not to have a remaper around,and for the basic thing as well such as a DPF delete,shaming thing.you tell me that i should try this software?should it go just with an ELM as a writer for my ECU,or i need other tool?

• Like 1

Yes im consodering about that too,its a shame in 2013 with so many supercars not to have a remaper around,and for the basic thing as well such as a DPF delete,shaming thing.you tell me that i should try this software?should it go just with an ELM as a writer for my ECU,or i need other tool?

I'm not that well educated on the operations of remapping mate,

It is something I plan to study and educate myself on with my next project car in January 2014

But to date; I'm not educated enough to advise you on the correct interface required to brigge software to ecu

I know it would be through the OBD port yes

But in terms of which one,

I don't honestly know mate, hopefully some on can advise,

Perhaps even the seller of the software

I'm not that well educated on the operations of remapping mate,

It is something I plan to study and educate myself on with my next project car in January 2014

But to date; I'm not educated enough to advise you on the correct interface required to brigge software to ecu

I know it would be through the OBD port yes

But in terms of which one,

I don't honestly know mate, hopefully some on can advise,

Perhaps even the seller of the software

It's ok,reading all your articles and things you've done to your car i think are marvellous,very very profesional,so why not,you would be a great ECU programer too :) i read the softwares article and it saye it need just an ELM OBDII as a connection,if i dont find other way maby i will have to try it who knows,i am looking at WASHING methods of DPF too like LIQUY MOLY check this video sounds good:

• Like 1

At a price of £35, the eBay tool *MAY* be a good investment, and all you need is an OBDII connector (F Super, or an ELM 327 interface) and you may be able to electronically delete it for a very small fee. if this works, then you should be able to remove the DPF as Lenny suggested, and you MAY be able to get an excellent job done for a very small fee. However, you would have to consider, there is the possibility you could cost yourself £35 as a wasted investment.

It's ok,reading all your articles and things you've done to your car i think are marvellous,very very profesional,so why not,you would be a great ECU programer too :) i read the softwares article and it saye it need just an ELM OBDII as a connection,if i dont find other way maby i will have to try it who knows,i am looking at WASHING methods of DPF too like LIQUY MOLY check this video sounds good:

Thanks very much Andi,

I'm glad you find my work usefull,

The liquy Moly does look good and I'm sure it does what it says on the tin,

4 bar pressure alone would clean the dpf chamber without detergent,

But its not a permanent resolution,

In time to come, people will once again require the use of liquy Moly in the chamber,

The dpf will still cost them fuel and in some cases eloys fluid,

To be honest in my opinion mate the DPF and EGR are there only for car manufacturers and engine care companys to cash in on,

I mean; yes dpf cleaners and egr cleaners prove very effective,

But in time as a consumer you will be drawn back to purchase again, aswell as recommend your friends,

Making liquy moly a leader in the market,

But you and your friends out of pocket once a year,

In my opinion

Its better to purchase a stainless steel egr blank,

Then its done, no return next year for another one, a single payment with permanent results,

Recommend to your friends, and you can all go for a pint togeather next year with the money youve saved from not spending on return again cleaning solutions.

The same for dpf,

Spend a one off payment,

Get the internals removed, and have it weld back up like it was never touched,

No need to ever purchase liquy Moly or ever top up with eloys,

You will get an extra 0.3 - 0.5km per litre more from your diesel,

You won't ever need any more eloys fluid or cleaning products, or even a dpf replacement.

You could take yourself on a weeks holiday next year with the savings from that potential 1,000 pounds saving on dpf parts, solutions and labour,

And finally cheap fuel,

Its better to pay an extra 3 pence per litre more at the pump,

Rather than saving 3 pence per litre now,

Only to pay out up to 30 pounds on engine injector cleaning products every six months

Because a red light has come on the dash due to running cheap fuel.

At the end of the year you save nothing on cheap fuel,

All my opinion mate,

Feel free to share or discard it,

;)

• Like 1

Thanks very much Andi,

I'm glad you find my work usefull,

The liquy Moly does look good and I'm sure it does what it says on the tin,

4 bar pressure alone would clean the dpf chamber without detergent,

But its not a permanent resolution,

In time to come, people will once again require the use of liquy Moly in the chamber,

The dpf will still cost them fuel and in some cases eloys fluid,

To be honest in my opinion mate the DPF and EGR are there only for car manufacturers and engine care companys to cash in on,

I mean; yes dpf cleaners and egr cleaners prove very effective,

But in time as a consumer you will be drawn back to purchase again, aswell as recommend your friends,

Making liquy moly a leader in the market,

But you and your friends out of pocket once a year,

In my opinion

Its better to purchase a stainless steel egr blank,

Then its done, no return next year for another one, a single payment with permanent results,

Recommend to your friends, and you can all go for a pint togeather next year with the money youve saved from not spending on return again cleaning solutions.

The same for dpf,

Spend a one off payment,

Get the internals removed, and have it weld back up like it was never touched,

No need to ever purchase liquy Moly or ever top up with eloys,

You will get an extra 0.3 - 0.5km per litre more from your diesel,

You won't ever need any more eloys fluid or cleaning products, or even a dpf replacement.

You could take yourself on a weeks holiday next year with the savings from that potential 1,000 pounds saving on dpf parts, solutions and labour,

And finally cheap fuel,

Its better to pay an extra 3 pence per litre more at the pump,

Rather than saving 3 pence per litre now,

Only to pay out up to 30 pounds on engine injector cleaning products every six months

Because a red light has come on the dash due to running cheap fuel.

At the end of the year you save nothing on cheap fuel,

All my opinion mate,

Feel free to share or discard it,

;)

Yes yes i definetly agree with you Mate,no cheap fuel never,i treat my car with care,i also will go for the EGR blanking(still some questions about EGR:do i need an ECU EGR delete remap too? ) somewere i read that i would need to make an EGR delete ECU remap?Yes i would have done the DPF delete since the first day ,but here i cant find any REMAPER so... still need to search :/ so i have to go with the washing DPF solutions for the moment i cant do anything.

Hmmm still a question for DPF Mate,somewere i read a enthusiast member telling that he was dancing from joy becouse he had found his car had cDPF with ceramic witch didnt need Flluid and it was self washing,so it didnt need replacement,can you explain me what is this kind of DPF any link?How do i check maby my car has this kind too?

Another question:How do i messure my DPF FLluid,how do i know that it must be refilled,were is its tank?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

At a price of £35, the ebay tool *MAY* be a good investment, and all you need is an OBDII connector (F Super, or an ELM 327 interface) and you may be able to electronically delete it for a very small fee. if this works, then you should be able to remove the DPF as Lenny suggested, and you MAY be able to get an excellent job done for a very small fee. However, you would have to consider, there is the possibility you could cost yourself £35 as a wasted investment.

My only fear is to not make any ECU system error with this software,i get the risk of spending those money but im affraid od making any damage thats all :/

Yes yes i definetly agree with you Mate,no cheap fuel never,i treat my car with care,i also will go for the EGR blanking(still some questions about EGR:do i need an ECU EGR delete remap too? ) somewere i read that i would need to make an EGR delete ECU remap?Yes i would have done the DPF delete since the first day ,but here i cant find any REMAPER so... still need to search :/ so i have to go with the washing DPF solutions for the moment i cant do anything.

Hmmm still a question for DPF Mate,somewere i read a enthusiast member telling that he was dancing from joy becouse he had found his car had cDPF with ceramic witch didnt need Flluid and it was self washing,so it didnt need replacement,can you explain me what is this kind of DPF any link?How do i check maby my car has this kind too?

Another question:How do i messure my DPF FLluid,how do i know that it must be refilled,were is its tank?

Thank you :)

I've had my egr blanked with a stainless steel plate,

No holes in the plate, and no errors,

I didn't have t remap it to blank it,

My dpf was ceramic,

The ceramic dpf don't have any sensors or fluids going to them,

The are simply a stand alone unit that is fitted below the turbo manifold,

Since there's no sensor probes or fluid inlets,

There's no need to remap after removal of internals,

And there no room to insert liqy Moly,

From around 2007 most diesels except for Renault and Peugeot themselves,

Stopped using eloys fluid

The eloys fluid tank sat under the car next to the fuel tank,

Its capacity was 2.5 litres and none of them ever had a level indicator,

The fluid was electronically controlled via the ecu,

So every time you filled with diesel,

The ecu would calculate the level of eloys to add to the fuel tank,

The dealership would top up the eloys at every third service interval

By filling until it came out the top,

This eloys fluid, kept consumers going back t main dealers for servicing,

Making them very happy on the saddle ;)

Diesels built from mid 2007 onwards,

Most manufacturers at this point had a system that uses diesel injectors an additional glow plug fitted within the dpf to perform self regeneration if required,

The sensor on either end of the dpf would constantly minister pressure levels on inlet and outlet sides,

If the inlet pressure became higher than the outlet by a set percentage,

The ecu would enunciate self regeneration,

By injecting fuel in to the chamber and igniting it using the glow plug until temperature reached around 700 - 900 degrees,

Burning the collection of carbon until the pressure sensors felt more equal percentage readings on both ends of the chamber.

Bottom line though,

If its got no pipes or sensors going to it,

Then its ceramic.

• Like 1

I've had my egr blanked with a stainless steel plate,

No holes in the plate, and no errors,

I didn't have t remap it to blank it,

My dpf was ceramic,

The ceramic dpf don't have any sensors or fluids going to them,

The are simply a stand alone unit that is fitted below the turbo manifold,

Since there's no sensor probes or fluid inlets,

There's no need to remap after removal of internals,

And there no room to insert liqy Moly,

From around 2007 most diesels except for Renault and Peugeot themselves,

Stopped using eloys fluid

The eloys fluid tank sat under the car next to the fuel tank,

Its capacity was 2.5 litres and none of them ever had a level indicator,

The fluid was electronically controlled via the ecu,

So every time you filled with diesel,

The ecu would calculate the level of eloys to add to the fuel tank,

The dealership would top up the eloys at every third service interval

By filling until it came out the top,

This eloys fluid, kept consumers going back t main dealers for servicing,

Making them very happy on the saddle ;)

Diesels built from mid 2007 onwards,

Most manufacturers at this point had a system that uses diesel injectors an additional glow plug fitted within the dpf to perform self regeneration if required,

The sensor on either end of the dpf would constantly minister pressure levels on inlet and outlet sides,

If the inlet pressure became higher than the outlet by a set percentage,

The ecu would enunciate self regeneration,

By injecting fuel in to the chamber and igniting it using the glow plug until temperature reached around 700 - 900 degrees,

Burning the collection of carbon until the pressure sensors felt more equal percentage readings on both ends of the chamber.

Bottom line though,

If its got no pipes or sensors going to it,

Then its ceramic.

To bad i think mine has sime kind of pipes and sensors i think,but can i messure my ELOY liquid with an OBDII reader like ELM myselfe?How much does this fluid cost,like euro/Litre?what if i get error after blaking the EGR mate becouze i have the 2.0 TDCi version,than i would need to remap for EGR delete too?Mate witch city do you live in England?

• Like 1

To bad i think mine has sime kind of pipes and sensors i think,but can i messure my ELOY liquid with an OBDII reader like ELM myselfe?How much does this fluid cost,like euro/Litre?what if i get error after blaking the EGR mate becouze i have the 2.0 TDCi version,than i would need to remap for EGR delete too?Mate witch city do you live in England?

Eloys fluid if required is 40 GBP per litre,

I don't think its possible to measure the level of eloys mate the dealers generally fill till it over flows, very bad design,

If you get an error from blanking the egr,

You can remove the error using n elm327 no problems there mate,

I'm not from england,

I'm from Ireland, I live near Wexford in ireland.

Eloys fluid if required is 40 GBP per litre,

I don't think its possible to measure the level of eloys mate the dealers generally fill till it over flows, very bad design,

If you get an error from blanking the egr,

You can remove the error using n elm327 no problems there mate,

I'm not from england,

I'm from Ireland, I live near Wexford in ireland.

. wexford_zps9b818b0e.gif

Thats nice :) i am asking you becouse i have considered my DPF delete as an imposible task in my country,but my uncle lives in London and i think of making this:unlug my ECU from my car send it to my uncle,and maby any ECU remaper company in London would do it for me thaen my uncle send it back to Albania.So can you tell me witch might be the best Ecu DPF delete company in London mate,or in your country so maby i send them my ecu and they remap it and send it to me,witch do you suggest to me?thanks :)

ecu testing regularly appear and I dont believe I have heard anything bad about them!

ecu testing regularly appear and I dont believe I have heard anything bad about them!

CAN you post me the site please,so i can contact them,Thanks PRO

Thats nice :) i am asking you becouse i have considered my DPF delete as an imposible task in my country,but my uncle lives in London and i think of making this:unlug my ECU from my car send it to my uncle,and maby any ECU remaper company in London would do it for me thaen my uncle send it back to Albania.So can you tell me witch might be the best Ecu DPF delete company in London mate,or in your country so maby i send them my ecu and they remap it and send it to me,witch do you suggest to me?thanks :)

Sorry London is not in my country,

Ive no knowledge of any reputable company in London which is in the uk not Ireland,

I'm not sure if a tuning company could map your ecu without the car loom,

Because they require the OBD socket interface to connect to he ecu for mapping,

Also you are taking a huge risk,

Removing and dispatching over 2000 pounds worth of equipment from your car which won't run without it,

And dispatching it off to some place in the hopes they will return it,

Postage on both items will also cost you a fortune for send and return,

Overall you'd be looking at around 1000 pounds for labour and shipping, Then hope the return your parts.

Because yo really would have no come back if it went wrong.

Bottom line: I think your crazy :lol:

I'd sooner pay 40 pounds on software and try it myself,

Rather than remove it all and post it off in to the distance, and wait by the clock with my fingers crossed.

Sorry London is not in my country,

Ive no knowledge of any reputable company in London which is in the uk not Ireland,

I'm not sure if a tuning company could map your ecu without the car loom,

Because they require the OBD socket interface to connect to he ecu for mapping,

Also you are taking a huge risk,

Removing and dispatching over 2000 pounds worth of equipment from your car which won't run without it,

And dispatching it off to some place in the hopes they will return it,

Postage on both items will also cost you a fortune for send and return,

Overall you'd be looking at around 1000 pounds for labour and shipping, Then hope the return your parts.

Because yo really would have no come back if it went wrong.

Bottom line: I think your crazy :lol:

I'd sooner pay 40 pounds on software and try it myself,

Rather than remove it all and post it off in to the distance, and wait by the clock with my fingers crossed.

hehehe yes i think im going crazy,this all from this sh't DPF :P damn my prehistoric country :P

These guys are in Greece and offer all services you require,

. http://www.re-actioneng.com/category.asp?CatID=82

Thanks mate i will contact with them maby they do the trick :)

Non of this company is in albania mate,this is a region in USA also called Albania :)