Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying 'buzzing' Noise At Speed

ian610

Hi,

I took a Fiesta 1.4 Flame (54) out for a test drive and when I went above about 45/50 mph, there was this really annoying buzzing noise that sounded like it was coming from the the passenger side dash/windscreen area.

Anyone know what this might be?

The best example I can give is from Top Gear when Jeremy raced a Ferrari 612 against James and Richard on public transport.

The Ferrari 612 made a buzzing noise very similar to what I heard in the Fiesta.

Watch this video from 02:00 onwards and this is what it sounds like.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-the-races-race-1-verbier_693652.htm

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, I would check your passenger wiper as mine does shake well at speed but doesn't make any noise, otherwise wiggle the kick plate on the passenger side of the dash mine was a bit loose at the back give it a good poke and mine clipped into or over something that has stopped it, also check the glove box and passenger compartment for loose items. Also check the passenger side wheel arch liners both front which is plastic and back which is some stupid carpet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers for the reply,

Should have updated the topic really, but the dealer sorted it out before I picked up, so no more noise! :D

They replaced both front wipers as part of the service, so that may have been the culprit.

Someone else said it might have had something to do with the weather stripping/poor seal of the windscreen, but it doesn't seem like that was the cause in the end.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club